Banned
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 supra premium
  • Banned
Can you use JB4 without Bluetooth connectivity? And if so, how do you change maps??
Sponsored

Kolme

First Name
Kolme
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
Can you use JB4 without Bluetooth connectivity? And if so, how do you change maps??
Yes, over wire with a BMS data cable

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium; VA STI; MK7 GOLF-R; etc..
I would consider getting the BT module. It works flawlessly and worth the extra cost. But this is just me.

OP
OP
Drnick

Drnick

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 supra premium
  • Banned
JB4 app, recently hasnā€™t received good reviews, thatā€™s why Iā€™m reluctant to pay
For the app. If it was free, yes, but itā€™s not
And after Iā€™ve seen reviews, not buying it

Delta1Seven

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0
JB4 app, recently hasnā€™t received good reviews, thatā€™s why Iā€™m reluctant to pay
I've only had my JB4 for a few weeks, but not issue yet with the app on iOS.

I will say, finding out the app was $30 on top of the already $529 JB4 + $149 WiFi Dongle did sting a bit.... But still cheaper than a Femto unlock so I guess this is the way lol

Awales74

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra, Mazda 6
BMS data cable and a lap top. You lose the ability to easily change tune at the pump (no e -- just pull your phone and move from map 6 to map 2). Lose ability to log effectively. Want to do a 3rd gear WOT run then just click the phone to start logging. Lost ability to have a poor mans alternative to gauges.

Only known complaint is that it's darn expensive knowing you just payed $140 for the stupid blue tooth dongle. Making almost an extra $200.

What complaints have you read?

ColonelAdama

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Absolute Zero Supra 3.0 Premium MT, 2015 GTI
The app is fine, yeah a little overpriced and buggy. If you plan on doing logging and switching maps based on fuel, you'll definitely want BT and the app.

If you're gonna throw it on Map1/2 to set and forget, BT not needed.

If you are going Map 6, you're gonna want the BT.

OP
OP
Drnick

Drnick

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 supra premium
  • Banned
Plug & play, Iā€™m assuming default map is #1 ?
and to switch to #2 I would need the laptop and cable? And yes, I plan to ā€œset and forgetā€

Delta1Seven

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0
The app is fine, yeah a little overpriced and buggy. If you plan on doing logging and switching maps based on fuel, you'll definitely want BT and the app.

If you're gonna throw it on Map1/2 to set and forget, BT not needed.

If you are going Map 6, you're gonna want the BT.
Question for you or anything who does this:

If I get a custom 93 and E map6, is it easy to flip between both those map6 tunes? Like, can the JB4 store 2 different map6 tunes for either gas type?

ColonelAdama

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Absolute Zero Supra 3.0 Premium MT, 2015 GTI
Question for you or anything who does this:

If I get a custom 93 and E map6, is it easy to flip between both those map6 tunes? Like, can the JB4 store 2 different map6 tunes for either gas type?
I've never used it, but it looks like the JB4 app allows you to save and load multiple map 6 configs. It wouldn't take a minute to switch between. You're not actually storing multiple Map 6s on the JB4 though.

I swap between 93 and E maps all the time on my GTI, but that's because the OTS maps work well with 93.

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
Plug & play, Iā€™m assuming default map is #1 ?
and to switch to #2 I would need the laptop and cable? And yes, I plan to ā€œset and forgetā€
If it makes you feel any better Nick, I donā€™t know computer jack and the Bluetooth w/ iPhone app works well.

GreyMadder

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Tungsten A90 Premium, 08 Tundra, 04 GX470
I'm not being funny serious question. By the time you buy JB4 and then custom tune, aren't you at a price point of unlock and BM3 or MHD at that point...

OldHead-MKV-Owner

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22' Supra, 95' 300ZX SMZ, 22' F150 Limited
I'm not being funny serious question. By the time you buy JB4 and then custom tune, aren't you at a price point of unlock and BM3 or MHD at that point...
Kind of. With a 22', i took the JB4 route and have loved it. All said i think it cost me 700ish for the unit w/BT and phone app. And another 400 for some dyno sessions and a map6 tune... not Jesse but wish I would have. Low end throttle response isn't the best.
Any way, call it 1,100. I'm about to drop over 3,500 for a unlock/clone, BM3, custom flex tune, and the dyno sessions. Looking back, i wish i would have just went unlock from the beginning. Took awhile to find a cloneable dme. Oh, and that 3,500 doesn't include the 2019 dme... don't even want to tell you how much i spent on that.

I'll report back once BM3 is installed and I've ran it for awhile.

GreyMadder

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Tungsten A90 Premium, 08 Tundra, 04 GX470
Kind of. With a 22', i took the JB4 route and have loved it. All said i think it cost me 700ish for the unit w/BT and phone app. And another 400 for some dyno sessions and a map6 tune... not Jesse but wish I would have. Low end throttle response isn't the best.
Any way, call it 1,100. I'm about to drop over 3,500 for a unlock/clone, BM3, custom flex tune, and the dyno sessions. Looking back, i wish i would have just went unlock from the beginning. Took awhile to find a cloneable dme. Oh, and that 3,500 doesn't include the 2019 dme... don't even want to tell you how much i spent on that.

I'll report back once BM3 is installed and I've ran it for awhile.

Yeah I get that, I had a Jb4 then sold it after looking at the overall cost, I will just unlock and tune . I don't really plan on breaking 550ish so a clone isn't really needed in my opinion.
Sponsored