E Blend Jb4 Questions

muchbread

First Name
Abad
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Honda Accord 2.0T
So, I am getting a jb4 and aem meth kit installed soon, I want to run an E blend and saw an old post from @zrk saying he was happy with e40 and meth with a jesse tune. I am just worried about mixing e85 and not getting the right blend. Also is E40 the highest E blend possible on a jb4?

In short-
How much margin of error do I have with the E blend?
Does having an E blend have enough power for the struggle of doing it?
Highest E blend Possible on Jb4?
Your experiences with mixing?
Sponsored

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
How much margin of error do I have with the E blend?
Does having an E blend have enough power for the struggle of doing it?
Highest E blend Possible on Jb4?
Your experiences with mixing?
* A bit. E42 isn't going to kill you. Going under is ok. If you go under, just use a lower boost map
* Yes
* E40
* Easy as pie.

Rustyscrew

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
15 Tundra, 21 Supra, 66 VW Bus
Test it and there are calculators all over the internet. I highly suggest a Fuel It content sensor. That why you know what exact blend you are running. It reads via Bluetooth to your phone on an app. When I was JB4 and tuned by Jesse, I was tuned at E30. He said E35 wouldn’t be a problem at all. So you do have some lee room. IIRC it was like 2 or 3 gallons roughly and rest was 93 for E30. Don’t quote me. Find a calculator.

AHP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Premium, 2022 C8 HTC, 2019 Z06
Vehicle Showcase
E35ish is the sweet spot but there's some wiggle room depending on other factors. Monitor "trims" and as long as you're in the mid 40s at WOT you're fine (trims max at 50 at which point the ECU can't command more fuel and you'll run lean).

kaj

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
I have an ethanol content tester that I used. I'd then use an online % calculator to figure out how much of my specific e85 I needed to add to reach E-38. I would shoot for exactly that number, that way if I was over or under one or two percent it wouldn't be the end of the world.
Had I stuck with the JB-4, I would have pulled the AEM e85 gauge out of my other car so that I could confirm my percentage was right.

Suwopra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra A91
* A bit. E42 isn't going to kill you. Going under is ok. If you go under, just use a lower boost map
* Yes
* E40
* Easy as pie.
Looking to do some meth this summer. Anyone know the rough numbers for meth+e40ish on the jb4? (Taking into account your usual bolt-ons).

Suwopra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra A91
@Suwopra Man it’s been decades but you can prolly get an eight ball for a couple hundred bucks?
I would have better luck (and save myself a "couple hundred bucks") using the search function on this forum or google, but alas can't seem to come to a definitive number. Thanks for trying though (and yes, numbers aren't everything and it's in your times, yada yada yada...)