OK to leave E50 blend in the car for 4 months?

tyler.bn

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 GR Supra Premium
Gonna be out of state for 4 months (driving the car maybe 4/5 times during that time) but the rest, it'll be sitting in the garage.

Currently running an e50 blend, stock lines with a flex fuel kit.

I know ethanol tends to trap water a bit more, and the car isn't built as a full flex fuel vehicle.

I'm ok with a bit of a power loss until the tank is burned off after I'm back, I iust want to make sure it's not going to eat through any of the lines or cause build-up

or should I just drive around and flash it back to 91
Sponsored

SupraSa1yan

First Name
SSJBLUE
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 supra 3.0, 21 Taco
If u can't flush it and add 91/93, then atleast add in some ethanol stabilizers like sta bil 360, or add it regardless if sitting.

Tacoma714

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra A91 CU Later Grey, 2015 Taccoma, 2013 A
Gonna be out of state for 4 months (driving the car maybe 4/5 times during that time) but the rest, it'll be sitting in the garage.

Currently running an e50 blend, stock lines with a flex fuel kit.

I know ethanol tends to trap water a bit more, and the car isn't built as a full flex fuel vehicle.

I'm ok with a bit of a power loss until the tank is burned off after I'm back, I iust want to make sure it's not going to eat through any of the lines or cause build-up

or should I just drive around and flash it back to 91

i3igpete

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 3.0L 8AT
as long as you still have your evap system, the stuff in the tank won't absorb too much water
Sponsored