Question about line in VIN spec sheet? Demo vehicle?

daikonwu

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MK5
Does anyone who works for toyota might know what this line on the vin spec sheet means? Courtesy Delivery Veh/TMS/NFS I did some research and it seems
that it might mean that the Supra I put a deposit down for might be a demo vehicle.

Also it's really weird because the VIN lookup method says that the ETA of the car was december of 2021...

strange.PNG
Sponsored

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Did they forgo delivery destination charge of ~$1095. Is that what it is?

And yeah what's the mileage. Anything above a 100 I'd say is suspicious for a brand new one...

Jackyl tm

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Edition, C230, Mazda Protege
From what I'm reading in short terms, it means that the dealership you bought it from wasn't allocated a Supra. So perhaps it's a smaller dealership and a customer came in ordered one and wanted it to that particular dealership that otherwise may not have gotten one. I'm assuming you aren't the customer that directly ordered it, so could be that customer backed out and why it has been there for sale. When I got my A91 edition, my local dealership did not have one since we are close to an actual Toyota manufacturing plant. They found me one at a small little dealership in the middle of nowhere and drove to pick it up for me. The dealership they got it from it for awhile before being sold to me. Hope that makes sense!

OP
OP
daikonwu

daikonwu

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MK5
Did they forgo delivery destination charge of ~$1095. Is that what it is?

And yeah what's the mileage. Anything above a 100 I'd say is suspicious for a brand new one...
No the delivery charge of $1025 is still there.

OP
OP
daikonwu

daikonwu

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MK5
From what I'm reading in short terms, it means that the dealership you bought it from wasn't allocated a Supra. So perhaps it's a smaller dealership and a customer came in ordered one and wanted it to that particular dealership that otherwise may not have gotten one. I'm assuming you aren't the customer that directly ordered it, so could be that customer backed out and why it has been there for sale. When I got my A91 edition, my local dealership did not have one since we are close to an actual Toyota manufacturing plant. They found me one at a small little dealership in the middle of nowhere and drove to pick it up for me. The dealership they got it from it for awhile before being sold to me. Hope that makes sense!
Awesome yeah thank you so much for clearing it up to me. I asked my sales person about the line and he said that there was some confusino about the vehicle status before so for some reason it says courtest delivery on the spec sheet.

Jackyl tm

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Edition, C230, Mazda Protege
Awesome yeah thank you so much for clearing it up to me. I asked my sales person about the line and he said that there was some confusino about the vehicle status before so for some reason it says courtest delivery on the spec sheet.
You're welcome. Hopefully that helped. Definitely sounds like that was the case which would be the confusion.
Sponsored