Rattling noise in the engine bay

Nights234

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra 3.0 premium
Hey everyone, I have had this rattling noise every so often for a bit now and wanted to see if anyone else has had this issue. It only happens at a stop or before I push on the gas and from what I can tell it’s on the drivers side close to where my feet are in the engine bay. I’ve only had the issue occur once where I was able to open the hood and it definitely seems from the engine bay. Video was taken inside where the pedals are. It’s so dark since video was taken in the morning at a stop light. it’s a bone stock 2023 with about 4K miles on it. Thanks!

Sponsored

Last edited:

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Yeah, you've got a baby predator in there. Probably in cloak mode.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Nights234

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra 3.0 premium
Ooof so how do I get it out of there without it destroying my car? Also do the babies have that self destruct?

All seriousness yeah it gets quite loud and will probably take it to Toyota eventually but if someone has dealt with this before, the more info the better.

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Ooof so how do I get it out of there without it destroying my car? Also do the babies have that self destruct?

All seriousness yeah it gets quite loud and will probably take it to Toyota eventually but if someone has dealt with this before, the more info the better.
Unfortunately they do, but mama predator teaches them at age 5. You need to find out the age.. and I hear that's done with an anal probe. 🤪

Anyhow, recording from pedal area. Repeating noise of something being hit with increasing frequency.
I'd first check around the driver tire for loose cable. Happened to me on my FRS. Maybe go in with an air gun around calipers. I don't think it's the brakes but you never know something weird could have gotten in between.
It could even be a stone/rock/etc. lodged on the tire grooves..
If you're able-bodied, you could remove the plastic liner underneath the engine and do a general sweep. A stupid big leaf could even have gotten there.

You're sure it's not AC right?

OP
OP

Nights234

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra 3.0 premium
Yeah I don’t want a giant satellite coming out of my butt again. I’ll just let it stay there.

okay I haven’t lifted it yet, to busy with work, so I’ll look into that. Yeah pretty sure not the A/C since I rarely turn it on.

OP
OP

Nights234

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra 3.0 premium
Sorry I should have mentions it’s a bone stock 2023 with about 4K miles on it.

MrNobody

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Trdoffroad 4runner
I would pop the master cylinder access cover off and look down in and see if you can see anything.

Todday1

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A91 Supra
Sounds like a brake pad retainer clip is off and the pad is vibrating against the pins.

OP
OP

Nights234

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra 3.0 premium
Okay I’ll check this as well. Yeah it only happens at a stop or when I’m moving with no gas. As soon I push the gas it disappears.
Sponsored