Removing stock seat

neil7

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra mk5
Hi, tried to remove the stock seat as per the workshop manual but the seat will not go forward enough to access the rear bolts. The passenger side is the same. Has anyone encountered this, the images in the manual show way more forward adjustment than I can get.

P1170763.JPG

P1170764.JPG
Sponsored

STV3

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
I've never personally done this, but did you also raise the seat to the max height as well after bringing it all the way forward? Raising the seat up brings it a little more forward as well.

OP
OP

neil7

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra mk5
I've never personally done this, but did you also raise the seat to the max height as well after bringing it all the way forward? Raising the seat up brings it a little more forward as well.
That does make sense, I will go and try it now and see if the access is better, thanks.

OP
OP

neil7

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra mk5
That does make sense, I will go and try it now and see if the access is better, thanks.
It works, the seat went forward alot when raising it up fully. Never use the seat lift and had brain fade. Thanks for the replies. Looking forward to a comfy seat!

Brazuca

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
TBD
It works, the seat went forward alot when raising it up fully. Never use the seat lift and had brain fade. Thanks for the replies. Looking forward to a comfy seat!
Which seat are you installing?

OP
OP

neil7

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra mk5
Which seat are you installing?
Hi, I already had a Tillett B5 from before so fitted that with an adapter plate but it is a low seat and can't adjust it up any higher so had to refit the original seat. Will get a Recaro as they are a proven good fit in the Supra.
Sponsored