Rexpeed

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Jill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra, Evo
I NEED this in RHD! Anything in the pipeline?
Hi, we'd like to be your Santa Claus.
Here's the RHD passenger side CF badge.
Both RHD and LHD badges are available now!
Feel free to take a look here.

jJqSD2r.png
Sponsored

AustinGRSupra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra
Anyone else have trouble getting the badges to stick? My bottom one wouldn’t adhere at all and now not sure how to get it on.

SUPRATOY

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 SUPRA
I had no issues at all they were installed about a month ago with no issues whatsoever!

OP
OP
Rexpeed

Rexpeed

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Jill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra, Evo
Anyone else have trouble getting the badges to stick? My bottom one wouldn’t adhere at all and now not sure how to get it on.
Hi

Just PM.
Hope we could help you figure out the issue.

Mooner

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra, 1989 Mazda Rx7, BMW X3
same here. both of my top and bottom side don't stick very well. My bottom piece keeps falling off.....

Titan Motorsports

Silver Sponsor
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.titanmotorsports.com
Car(s)
2020 MKV Premium White, 2020 MKV Premium Black, MK4 Supras. Among others.
Vehicle Showcase
same here. both of my top and bottom side don't stick very well. My bottom piece keeps falling off.....

I would recommend cleaning the surface with rubbing alcohol before applying the 3M tape. If still having issues get some new 3M tape and re-apply to a cleaned surface. We have yet to hear of any issues so may be a dirty contact surface.

Mooner

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I would recommend cleaning the surface with rubbing alcohol before applying the 3M tape. If still having issues get some new 3M tape and re-apply to a cleaned surface. We have yet to hear of any issues so may be a dirty contact surface.
Yes thats exactly what I did. I used alcohol to clean the surface before applying but still no luck. As soon as I peel off the cover tape I can tell that it's not very sticky. I thought it might be too cold (I'm in canada) so I even preheated the tape. Anyways, I'll try to get some new 3M tape and see.
The other thing is that my bottom piece seems to be slightly too big to fit in there. I had to push it really hard to squeeze it in, but the adhesive is not strong enough to hold it in place...if that makes any sense to you..

Titan Motorsports

Silver Sponsor
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.titanmotorsports.com
Car(s)
2020 MKV Premium White, 2020 MKV Premium Black, MK4 Supras. Among others.
Vehicle Showcase
Yes thats exactly what I did. I used alcohol to clean the surface before applying but still no luck. As soon as I peel off the cover tape I can tell that it's not very sticky. I thought it might be too cold (I'm in canada) so I even preheated the tape. Anyways, I'll try to get some new 3M tape and see.
The other thing is that my bottom piece seems to be slightly too big to fit in there. I had to push it really hard to squeeze it in, but the adhesive is not strong enough to hold it in place...if that makes any sense to you..
That does make sense, maybe Rexpeed can chime back in on whether that is how the fitment should be. I would like to think that maybe it was a crap strip of 3M!

tadda

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 C8 Corvette Z51 2LT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
For those having issue with adhesion what ambient temp are you installing these at?...

"The ideal application temperature range is 70ºF to 100ºF (21ºC to 38ºC) for 3M VHB tape...

After application, the bond strength will increase. At room temperature approximately 50% of ultimate bond strength will be achieved after 20 minutes, 90% after 24 hours and 100% after 72 hours."

I've had mine installed for a few months now and no issues with adhesion...but then again temps were in mid 70's when I installed mine....

Mooner

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
For those having issue with adhesion what ambient temp are you installing these at?...

The ideal application temperature range is 70ºF to 100ºF (21ºC to 38ºC) for 3M VHB tape...

I've had mine installed for a few months now and no issues with adhesion...but then again temps were in mid 70's when I installed mine....
I heated the tape before installing and my garage is heated to 22ºC.

tadda

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 C8 Corvette Z51 2LT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
I heated the tape before installing and my garage is heated to 22ºC.
"After application, the bond strength will increase. At room temperature approximately 50% of ultimate bond strength will be achieved after 20 minutes, 90% after 24 hours and 100% after 72 hours."

Optimally, the ambient temp should be held above 70F during the 72 hr. setup process...

If you kept your car in a heated garage (>70F) for ~24 hrs you should be fine...If the tape is not adhering well after that then it probably is the tape itself as mentioned earlier....

Last edited:

KPatrick

First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra MkV Premium Absolute Zero, 2017 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport 4X4 Crew Cab LB, 2016 Lexus GS350 F Sport, 2007 Triumph Speed Triple
Just want to share my purchase experience with Rexpeed. Excellent!!
Package came very quickly, ordered 1/20 and it arrived on 1/22 from Taiwan and it was packaged very well.

I noticed the lower part seemed very slightly taller than the space it went in but pushing it in and holding it for several minutes kept it stuck in there fine. The upper piece went in fine. The double sided tape that came with the pieces is still holding them in place so all good so far.

Thank you Rexpeed!

Mooner

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Just an update on the adhesive problem I have. Rexpeed PMed me and I sent them a video showing the problem. They quickly offered to ship me another bottom piece for free. Excellent customer service!!!
Sponsored