Screen protector for infotainment?

John8

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Nitro, FJ Cruiser 2012
If you read description it says 80% coverage. When you say it didn't fit, was it too big? Width/height may be different. Also honest reviews are not that great...
I ordered one, it is too large, it goes over the edge of the sides, no matter how placed.
Sponsored

John8

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Has anyone gotten a screen protector that works, the tis the right size?

John8

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Too much money and while the glass I am currently using, doesn't cover all of the screen, it does cover all of the used area.

2k20HTownMKV

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra; 2017 Lexus RX 350 F sport; 2013 Honda Accord (daily)
Vehicle Showcase

consultadrone

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
no its not glass. You can take a look from my post earlier this year. They actually cut it from XPEL Antimicrobial film and it fits to the edges

https://www.supramkv.com/threads/paint-protection-film-or-coating-or.1872/page-7#post-89862
Did you go through XPEL directly for that or do you have a shop? I have a pre-cut PPF for my screen but it's matte, and I'm thinking I'd prefer something that doesn't reduce screen quality. Glare isn't a huge issue for me

Mr.MkV

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nocturnal Mk5 Supra, Infiniti Fx45, NA Miata w/Rotrex F22 swap,
Vehicle Showcase
it looks like XPEL sells it for $75? plus shipping? plus that's not the glare free?

Mr.MkV

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
You won't notice any screen quality issues with matte.

2k20HTownMKV

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra; 2017 Lexus RX 350 F sport; 2013 Honda Accord (daily)
Vehicle Showcase
Did you go through XPEL directly for that or do you have a shop? I have a pre-cut PPF for my screen but it's matte, and I'm thinking I'd prefer something that doesn't reduce screen quality. Glare isn't a huge issue for me
https://www.xpel.com/rx

Went thru a local shop. No where close to $75. I paid $25. I can ask local shop here if you want it to cut and send to you. Honestly i have no issue with the eBay link. But $60 for one is nuts. I think most people that have gotten the Xpel one haven’t paid MSRP pricing.

consultadrone

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
https://www.xpel.com/rx

Went thru a local shop. No where close to $75. I paid $25. I can ask local shop here if you want it to cut and send to you. Honestly i have no issue with the eBay link. But $60 for one is nuts. I think most people that have gotten the Xpel one haven’t paid MSRP pricing.
Thanks. I just hit up a local shop near me to see if they can do it. I assume if there's a template then it's just a matter of them cutting it. I may take you up on that offer if they come back with some crazy price or have no idea.

Mr.MkV

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I think you got a really good hook up. I'm not sure if you know how expensive a roll of this stuff is, but XPEL sells it for $75 on their website and that's just the precut film. Not everyone has access to a shop, or thinks its worth the time leaving their car at a wrapper to cut and install it to save $35. I don't think $60 including shipping for a whole DIY kit is that bad, but to each their own, i see guys sticking $4 trim to their cars to stop wind buffeting.
Sponsored