Shout out to Tomball TX Toyota service department

TiE2000

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra
Not sure if this is allowed, but I love giving credit where credit is due. Back in July I purchased a slightly used Supra 3.0 premium from a local Mercedes dealer. Car Had 7000 miles when purchased. After owning the car for a few weeks, decided I should take it in to get the oil changed. Unfortunately, whoever changed the oil last over tightend the drain plug, causing it to spin in place.

The service manager informed me of the problem and that the only way to fix it reliably is to replace the entire oil pan. To say I was a little steamed at the situation is an understatement. I asked what my options are, and if it would be covered under warranty. He told me he would need to speak to his boss and call me the next day. Oil was not leaking out of the stuck plug.

Next day, they called me and told me they would replace under warranty. The parts did take almost 4 weeks to come in... but they kept their word and got the job done. Took 2 days to replace the pan. Got the car back this afternoon and everything is great.

As for the kudos
Fred Haas Toyota Contry Tomball TX service department

I really appericate you guys taking care of business, pain and stress free. You've have gained a customer, my supra will only be comming to you for all maintenance work going forward.
Sponsored

Davidr3

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Was the previous oil change done at a Toyota dealer? Or why was it replaced under warranty?

OP
OP
TiE2000

TiE2000

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra
Was the previous oil change done at a Toyota dealer? Or why was it replaced under warranty?
Good question on who replaced it last. Offical service records show it was a Toyota dealer... but could have been the Mercedes dealer I bought the car through. I explained the situation I was in to the service manager. He talked to his boss who approved the warrantee work. This was a very grey area, and they could have turned me away, or charged me the 2500 to replace the pan. They didn't. Very stand up. Didn't fight me on it extreamly painless. Why im giving them kudos and a shout out publicly.
Sponsored