Slicks on air suspension?

Roadrunner

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra mkv mt
So im curious to know.. have any of you guys ever thrown a slick on air suspension? If so do you guys have any pictures?

I currently run airlift and like the slick look. I honestly dont plan on racing nor tracking the car. Just love the look of the slick and do small pulls occasionally
Sponsored

gixxersixxerman

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Iā€™ve seen a couple of guys on IG that have air and on 17ā€œ drag radials. I love the look. I love air ride. If I do anything else to the car thatā€™s probably my next step.

OP
OP
Roadrunner

Roadrunner

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra mkv mt
Iā€™ve seen a couple of guys on IG that have air and on 17ā€œ drag radials. I love the look. I love air ride. If I do anything else to the car thatā€™s probably my next step.
17ā€ on rears but what were they running upfront? Glad im not the only one!

decodeddiesel

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2016 VW Tiguan, 2007 Cayman
So im curious to know.. have any of you guys ever thrown a slick on air suspension? If so do you guys have any pictures?

I currently run airlift and like the slick look. I honestly dont plan on racing nor tracking the car. Just love the look of the slick and do small pulls occasionally
Actual slicks like Hoosiers are not street legal. They will not last long at all with normal driving and will be outright dangerous in the wet.

Slicks are designed to be operated in a specific temperature range (i.e. HOT) that you aren't going to achieve on the street (unless you drive like a straight up a-hole).

I understand you like the look or whatever, but IMHO it's just a REALLY bad idea.

The really funny part is that the Supra GT4 and cars that are actually driven on track are usually at factory ride height or 10-15mm lower because the suspension geometry goes to crap when you lower these cars excessively.

In the end though it's your car, do whatever you want.

How about instead of slicks you go with a good looking 200-300 tw tire instead? Nankang CR-S or the Kuhmo V730s I have definitely look like slicks to the untrained eye and would be WAY safer on the street.

decodeddiesel

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2016 VW Tiguan, 2007 Cayman

GhostSZN

First Name
Lukas
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 A90, '11 R8 V10, '10 R35, '08 350Z
Sikh Supra on IG and here is bagged on a drag pack. Idk his specs, but it looks great imo
Sponsored