Speedometer is not accurate ('23 A90)

kaj

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
Any car I've ever driven has the speedometer reading a few miles per hour over. It is pretty good at keeping most people driving closer to the speed limit.
Sponsored

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
I remembered correctly.

Speedometer Display correct Speed (not ¾ mph faster) This removes the speed adjustment so actual speed is displayed on instrument cluster. Main → Instrument Cluster (DKOMBI2) + [Expert] → 3000 ANZENGE_KONFIGURATION → BC_V_KORREKTUR → ohne_korrecktur (i.e. without correction)
Just from the top off your head right 😂

s219

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW X3 M40i, BMW M2 Comp, Ferrari 328
Not sure where the "0.75" number came from, but on BMWs, the actual offset at typical driving speeds has been +3 km/h (= +2 mph) for as long as I can remember.

None of my other vehicles have an offset (they all display the actual speed) but every BMW I have owned since 2010 always reads 2 mph high.

cinosa

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'22 Nitro Yellow Supra 3.0 Premium
Not sure where the "0.75" number came from, but on BMWs, the actual offset at typical driving speeds has been +3 km/h (= +2 mph) for as long as I can remember.

None of my other vehicles have an offset (they all display the actual speed) but every BMW I have owned since 2010 always reads 2 mph high.
Yeah, mine is off by 3kph. I took it to the dealer and all they did was scan for codes :rolleyes1:. Glad to know it's doing this on purpose, and that I can fix it via Bimmercode if I want to.

Tiko

First Name
Tiko
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Launch Edition
So I tested with ECUTEK App. I set one of the gauges to Vehicle Speed and it reads 1.5-2mph slower than what the speedometer displays. With Draggy, when I just cruise it shows 3mph slower than my speedometer. In case you guys want more info.

I will probably code it to so it shows accurate speed, so when I test 60-130 I don't have to worry about it

NitroYellowMKV

Silver Sponsor
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Burnout A91 MT
almost every modern-day car for the last 20 years has done this, this is for safety, they can never risk reporting under so they go over a few MPH to be safe, 2-4 depending on the car and sometimes even more, I have seen top speed tests where speedo's show 200+ but a GPS shows 193-195, A few years back in a ugh Mexico, my buddy and I were using dragy and comparing it to the speedo of his Huracan, 211 was 206.
Sponsored