Squeaky MSS Springs?

ViperTwo4

First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra GR 3.0
I wanted to reach out and ask if anybody else has had experiences with squeaky noises after they installed the MSS springs on their Supra. It only happens sometimes when driving slow or casually. Just a faint squeak where it sounds like a spring rebounding. Oddly enough I don't really hear it when I am on the gas taking corners...but I hear it when I am backing up or going over slow grooves on the road. Like when you drive over a very shallow speed bump I hear it slightly. I read on the BMW forums that some people have experienced this on there G80's and potentially is from a defective product. Which is why they have a v1 and v2 of for that platform...but I didn't see that they had any for the A90's.

So I wanted to ask if you guys have experienced this? I purchased it from Extreme Power House if anyone is curious...
Sponsored

Fuji808

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Nocturnal Supra Premium
mine don't squeak.
however, i had to replace the polyurethane seat which cracked.
purchased from A90 shop.

is the noise coming from the front or rear?
did you make sure everything is seated correctly?

Last edited:
OP
OP
ViperTwo4

ViperTwo4

First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra GR 3.0
Yeah Iā€™m going to check again. I think the sound is coming from the driver sideā€¦but I canā€™t tell. Iā€™m curious, since this is my first suspension setup. Do suspensions creek? Is this normal?

Also when did you notice that the PU seat cracked?

Fuji808

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Nocturnal Supra Premium
some people use sleeves to dampen the noise when the coils contact under load.

i noticed the cracked polyurethane after my first test drive after installation.

IMG_0700.jpeg

CafeRacerQueen

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Daniela
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ā€˜20 M4 CS, ā€˜24 GR Supra 45th LE
My right rear makes a slight sound in reverse when I hit my driveway bump, but only in that instance - oh and there has to be two people in the car. Itā€™s only noticeable with the windows up, no stereo sound and exhaust valve closed.

OP
OP
ViperTwo4

ViperTwo4

First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra GR 3.0
Yeah...I guess I am curious to see if this should be a concern. I know that some coil overs do squeak a little so idk if this is normal since it's aftermarket or something isn't seated/defective product.

My right rear makes a slight sound in reverse when I hit my driveway bump, but only in that instance - oh and there has to be two people in the car. Itā€™s only noticeable with the windows up, no stereo sound and exhaust valve closed.

OP
OP
ViperTwo4

ViperTwo4

First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra GR 3.0
some people use sleeves to dampen the noise when the coils contact under load.

i noticed the cracked polyurethane after my first test drive after installation.

IMG_0700.jpeg
can you link me the sleeves? I can't seem to find them...or don't really know what to search. Also did you just swap the polyurethane cup out with a new one? I am curious about how it cracked.

i3igpete

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 3.0L 8AT
Last edited: