Steering is slow to recenter

Boataur

First Name
RB
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra A91-MT CUL
I’m only 500+ miles into driving my ‘23 manual, but I’ve noticed that my steering wheel requires a fair amount of effort to recenter when negotiating a turn. Previous cars would seem to naturally want to go back to a neutral center when coming out of a turn, but the Supra steering wheel doesn’t want to budge unless I move it. Maybe it’s just me, or the fact that i’ve been driving mostly fwd cars for so long, or perhaps the short wheelbase?

My recent car history is GTI, GLI, WRX, Civic Si,, Speed3, Focus ST.

It isn’t necessarily a bad thing, but I do have to make a conscious effort to adjust for it. Anyone else experience this?
Sponsored

PaulFRDE

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Red Supra 3.0 2022, Black BMW 116i 2022
I’m only 500+ miles into driving my ‘23 manual, but I’ve noticed that my steering wheel requires a fair amount of effort to recenter when negotiating a turn. Previous cars would seem to naturally want to go back to a neutral center when coming out of a turn, but the Supra steering wheel doesn’t want to budge unless I move it. Maybe it’s just me, or the fact that i’ve been driving mostly fwd cars for so long, or perhaps the short wheelbase?

My recent car history is GTI, GLI, WRX, Civic Si,, Speed3, Focus ST.

It isn’t necessarily a bad thing, but I do have to make a conscious effort to adjust for it. Anyone else experience this?
Fwd cars pull themselves straight faster, especially when accelerating. But the supra is really not bad on that aspect. Caster alignment makes also a difference

OP
OP

Boataur

First Name
RB
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra A91-MT CUL
Fwd cars pull themselves straight faster, especially when accelerating. But the supra is really not bad on that aspect. Caster alignment makes also a difference
Makes sense.…just have to adjust to it. My last RWD car was my ‘72 Duster, so it’s been a while.
Sponsored