Stock charge pipe leak?

Natek

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 launch
Has anyone noticed if the stock charge pipe leaks oil? The pipe accumulates oil due to blowby and it is not seen as an issue, but has anyone noticed if the buildup of oil makes it past the quick disconnect seal and drips onto the pan at the bottom of the engine?

the stock pipe has a pretty significant lip on the bottom connection point and some baffles in the plastic maybe to help catch some of the oil. I am seriously considering flipping it back in. When i recently had the ftp pipe out there was some oil in it despite the catch can and the oil was making it past the seal dripping down onto the can and the bottom plate. An ugly inefficient pipe still beats oil escaping the system but i cannot remember if it escaped originally too. I vaguely remember it may have.
Sponsored

SupraCal

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MK5
Hi Natek, I think i encountered the same problem as you did. I have oil stains on the bottom plate. On closer look, it seems to be coming from the charge pipe connection at the turbo side. Seemed to have seeped out from the connection? not sure what to make of this