Small leak?

Supra_UK_

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ex-Owner '23 GR Supra 6MT
Hi,

Was unplugging my ctek today and thought I'd just run my inspection lamp around the engine bay, seems like a found a very small "leak" near the coolant tank area? I tried to smell it and oddly it didn't smell like oil yet it was yellowish and oil like. I couldn't see a 'drop' from the hose right above it, just this very small amount of liquid...

As I'm not knowledgeable on engines I thought I'd ask here as I'm sure a lot of guys here may know right away what this is / could be related to and whether this is just a baptism of my first BMW engine, whereby this is a quote on quote "acceptable" type of leak?

I hope it isn't some kind of coolant/oil mix as if that is the case then I guess I'm screwed? 😟

Car is 100% stock, 2023 Manual B58 335hp (UK/EU), 1700 miles broken in gently no red lining.

If it is a leak it would be 100% manufacturing fault I assume...
20230419_194819.jpg
Sponsored

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
Wipe it up with a rag and see if it comes back?

It's not coolant and shouldn't have come from that hose. You can open the reservoir if you'd like, but that's the reservoir for the intercooler coolant. It shouldn't be anywhere near oil.

Possibly spilled during the manufacturing process.

OP
OP
Supra_UK_

Supra_UK_

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ex-Owner '23 GR Supra 6MT
Thank you very much Zrk, next time I take it for a drive I will check again, I cleaned it now so I will be able to track exactly where it came from if it comes back, if it does I'll get a video to try and get a better look.
Sponsored