Stuck on my build!! any advise, thoughts, ideas, welcomed..

AutoDelight

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21' A91 Supra, 04' RX-8 GT, 95' RX-7 Base
Autozone vents. Instant powah
Sponsored

Mason

First Name
Mason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0
+1 on passing up on the manifold. The pi plate is way way less expensive with the same outcome. You shouldn’t have to worry about any manifold cooling issues, especially if you get some meth in the charge pipe (additional 1,000$)

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
and he was the one who got the 3 parts for me which were the injectors, bigger turbo and the manifold..
This is really bizarre to me.

So, for injectors. The Supra has six, you're adding six more via the Manifold, this is port injection. So you'll definitely need to control them somehow. You can't just add six more injectors and expect them to do anything. I'm hoping they ordered you a Reflex and all the wiring needed to install that. If you don't know for sure.. how much did you spend?

* Reflex w/ Harness is like ~$1300
* Injectors ~$600
* EOS v2 Manifold ~$3500
* LPFP ~$1,100
* Flex - you already have
* Pure850 ~ $2000+core or $4000 or something
* Transmission (You ABSOLUTELY need for 700hp) $4000
* Axles ~$2000

If that sounds about like what you spent, not including labor, it doesn't sound like you're doing this yourself, Add another ~$7k for labor, then you'll have supporting mods for 700hp.

suicidaleggroll

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2012 WRX
I was planning on just re-flashing the tune, but thats were I want to find out if there is any performance parts I can add in order to keep building the car as much as I can before just re-flashing it with the old tune. Otherwise, I dont want to keep paying for different tunes every time I add something... like you said its a bit of a waste to keep doing different tunes.. plus its not cheap.
I'm not following you here. You have a tune file that's already been generated for your previous mods, all you have to do is stick it back on the car, that should be nearly free (probably a small cost since I'm assuming the tuner will need to update the map for the newer ECU firmware). This is a tune that's already done for an existing set of mods, so you need to run it with those same mods.

Any mods you can do to the car that don't need to be tuned for can be installed before or after you re-flash this existing map on the car. It doesn't make any difference if you install them now and then re-flash your existing tune afterward, or re-flash your existing tune now and then install the parts later.

Any mods that DO need to be tuned for (manifold, injectors, turbo, etc) will need a new custom [expensive] tune and you'll be throwing away the existing one anyway. I can understand why you want to avoid doing that until everything is ready, but I don't understand why you're waiting to install more parts before re-flashing your existing tune. Just flash it back on and then wait until the rest of the parts are ready before moving to the next stage.

OP
OP
Ricardo

Ricardo

First Name
Ricardo
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
I'd throw this thought out the window. Once you're making enough power where you need to add additional injectors (and good lord, 700hp is your target, right?), this thing becomes an absolute money pit.

Also, you can easily get to 700hp without that $4k manifold, you can do it with just port for like.. half the price? Less than that.

You're also going to need a LPFP, Reflex, etc. These things add up. The cost of building a reliable 700hp Supra is definitely north of $30k.

And that's when things start breaking. The further you push the car, the more shit breaks. It's just how it is. Give up on minimizing spending.
I dont mind it becoming a little bit of a money pit since I somewhat made that commitment already, if that makes sense. I just dont want to do it by throwing money away for no reason or for unnecessary expenses.. prime example of the manifold that you mentioned.. I literally told the guy the mods I had and I gave him a 10k budget to get me what i needed to reach 700hp.. and he just ordered it.. thats where not knowing about the mechanical aspects of cars sets me back.. like you said, i dont need that manifold to reach 700 lol but that money is now invested..

at the end of the day, just want to be smarter or have more knowledge of possible options for what I can do.. all this stuff that im getting from you guys is worth gold to me.. allows me to learn a little and from an outside perspective.

Reactions: zrk
OP
OP
Ricardo

Ricardo

First Name
Ricardo
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
This is really bizarre to me.

So, for injectors. The Supra has six, you're adding six more via the Manifold, this is port injection. So you'll definitely need to control them somehow. You can't just add six more injectors and expect them to do anything. I'm hoping they ordered you a Reflex and all the wiring needed to install that. If you don't know for sure.. how much did you spend?

* Reflex w/ Harness is like ~$1300
* Injectors ~$600
* EOS v2 Manifold ~$3500
* LPFP ~$1,100
* Flex - you already have
* Pure850 ~ $2000+core or $4000 or something
* Transmission (You ABSOLUTELY need for 700hp) $4000
* Axles ~$2000

If that sounds about like what you spent, not including labor, it doesn't sound like you're doing this yourself, Add another ~$7k for labor, then you'll have supporting mods for 700hp.
Yeah bro, you were pretty much spot on with your prices.. I am just getting "free labor" so install comes with the purchase

this is my actual invoice:
-A90 Supra Pure850 Upgraded Turbo Installation kit included $2593

-Engine:Cooling:CSF x VF Billet Manifold (MKV Supra) $4299

-Port Injection Package for CSF x VF Billet Manifold
-Port injection hardware for MK5 supra including:
- Injectors
- Controller
- Wiring harness
- Fuel lines & Fittings $2000

Those are the exact things im getting.

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
Yeah bro, you were pretty much spot on with your prices.. I am just getting "free labor" so install comes with the purchase

this is my actual invoice:
-A90 Supra Pure850 Upgraded Turbo Installation kit included $2593

-Engine:Cooling:CSF x VF Billet Manifold (MKV Supra) $4299

-Port Injection Package for CSF x VF Billet Manifold
-Port injection hardware for MK5 supra including:
- Injectors
- Controller
- Wiring harness
- Fuel lines & Fittings $2000

Those are the exact things im getting.
I don't see a fuel pump on there. Also not sure what controller you're getting. I don't see 'reflex' listed, so I'm hoping it's not an AIC/Split Second. You might wanna check in on that. I also don't see a transmission. The stock trans is going to grenade on that amount of torque. Same with axles.

Also, how are you managing to get free labor from RSR? My understanding was they were notoriously expensive.

Mason

First Name
Mason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0
Also, how are you managing to get free labor from RSR? My understanding was they were notoriously expensive.
It’s called the « trans killer » package ?

OP
OP
Ricardo

Ricardo

First Name
Ricardo
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I don't see a fuel pump on there. Also not sure what controller you're getting. I don't see 'reflex' listed, so I'm hoping it's not an AIC/Split Second. You might wanna check in on that. I also don't see a transmission. The stock trans is going to grenade on that amount of torque. Same with axles.

I will ask them about those parts once I give them a call to see if they have a lead time on the turbo. Im hoping that they do, since I have no other choice now.

For the Trans and axels, I am just waiting to have everything set up and eta, so I can get it all done at once.

I just told them to keep me at 10k including labor.. so thats what they did.

Reactions: zrk
OP
OP
Ricardo

Ricardo

First Name
Ricardo
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I'm not following you here. You have a tune file that's already been generated for your previous mods, all you have to do is stick it back on the car, that should be nearly free (probably a small cost since I'm assuming the tuner will need to update the map for the newer ECU firmware). This is a tune that's already done for an existing set of mods, so you need to run it with those same mods.

Any mods you can do to the car that don't need to be tuned for can be installed before or after you re-flash this existing map on the car. It doesn't make any difference if you install them now and then re-flash your existing tune afterward, or re-flash your existing tune now and then install the parts later.

Any mods that DO need to be tuned for (manifold, injectors, turbo, etc) will need a new custom [expensive] tune and you'll be throwing away the existing one anyway. I can understand why you want to avoid doing that until everything is ready, but I don't understand why you're waiting to install more parts before re-flashing your existing tune. Just flash it back on and then wait until the rest of the parts are ready before moving to the next stage.
For the whole reflashing and installation of parts is pretty much how you laid it out.. but hopefully this make more sense.... I was seeking to see if there is anything else I could do to it in the meantime while waiting for the turbo, port and manifold., that would increase my power.. if there isnt really anything else I can put on it, then I will happily just put the old tune on.
Sponsored