OP
OP
DrRay81

DrRay81

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, 2021 Rubicon Diesel
Dam I wish I came across this thread before placing my order... I ordered a cage back in April and was told 8-12 weeks. 10 weeks come by, no email or anything. Contacted them for an updated and was told another 4 weeks. Wait another 4 weeks! Contacted them after 4 weeks and was left on "read" for a whole week (keep in mind this was all through IG). Contacted them again and was told another 4 weeks... At this point will I ever get my cage? I feel like they are beating around the bush...
you'll get it eventually, and i will say the fitment is perfect. just keep bugging them. i went through IG phone calls, emails and finally got movement, if you have facebook try that too
Sponsored

aydoh91

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra
you'll get it eventually, and i will say the fitment is perfect. just keep bugging them. i went through IG phone calls, emails and finally got movement, if you have facebook try that too
Yea, I should bug them more often... Ive only email and IG.

OP
OP
DrRay81

DrRay81

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, 2021 Rubicon Diesel
Yea, I should bug them more often... Ive only email and IG.
i really don't know what their excuse is. i know for a while they had a lot of growing pains and new staff. i was super irritated with the entire situation not because of the wait but the lack of or very inaccurate and inconsistent updates i got. i got the same run around of 2 weeks or 4 weeks and the time would pass and then another few weeks over and over and during that time the only communication i got was from one of the guys from studio rsr would call and offer me ceramic coating for like $200 and i'd decline and then a week later call again asking if i wanted it but quote me $400 or something. it felt like a bait and switch. i should've pulled my cage and sold it before i sold the car but i was lazy.

hooligan317

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 Premium, 2020 Camaro ZL1 1LE
I had this exact same experience with them on my ZL1 1LE. Wait time was almost 3X the initial estimate (pandemic, I get it and have plenty of grace for that). The issue was poor communication and not setting proper expectations. Unfortunately to top it off, the cage arrived with fairly substantial paint damage from shipping so I had to pay to have it re-powder coated locally which of course made the extra $ I had spent on the ceramic coat a total waste.

People ask me about it all the time, and hell yes it looks fantastic in the car now but I always just say buyer beware b/c of the lead time and communication issues. It's kept me from getting one for my A91 as well.

ipeefreely

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra, 2021 Toyota Sienna
I was trying to order a studio RSR cage and I had the same experience which was just a huge lack of communication. Their product seems solid but if I can't even reach you to buy it, what's the point? lol.

By the way, not trying to plug here or anything but I do have a friend of mine who is working on a cage for the Supra. Will be priced competitively and certified.

miccon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 3.0 LE
I was trying to order a studio RSR cage and I had the same experience which was just a huge lack of communication. Their product seems solid but if I can't even reach you to buy it, what's the point? lol.

By the way, not trying to plug here or anything but I do have a friend of mine who is working on a cage for the Supra. Will be priced competitively and certified.
Keep us updated pls. Also, curious on the weight. I know the rsr are like 65lbs and that’s a lot

ipeefreely

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra, 2021 Toyota Sienna
Keep us updated pls. Also, curious on the weight. I know the rsr are like 65lbs and that’s a lot
Will do!

I'll have my buddy weigh it but I wouldn't be surprised if the thing had a similar weight. These things aren't really made to be light. haha.
Sponsored