First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra GR 3.0
Bought a 2nd hand Supra GR at the end of July

So far i have been unable to add the car to SupraConnect
(when using the app to add the VIN no, the error says 'The requested services have been deactivated for this vehicle' - when trying to add the VIN through the web page the error says 'The mobile network connection has been deactivated for this vehicle')

The selling garage are clueless... 'it's BMW kit, phone Toyota technical' was the help they have given so far

I spoke to Toyota technical on Aug 12th & shortly after that Apple CarPlay disappeared as an option when my iphone connects to the car.

Having trawled other forums, it does appear there can be an issue with the BMW servers that can occur from time to time that removes Apple CarPlay but usually for multiple owners

Car back at selling dealer today to see if they can sort things out...
I don't hold out much hope

I was just wondering if any other owners have experienced similar problems and if they found a solution?

Cheers for any help or insight you can give
Sponsored

Dan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 G42 M240i
Have you checked the car iDrive settings?

There might be an option that disables the remote connectivity.
My advise if you haven't already is to do a full iDrive reset so it gets rid of everything/ settings and start from scratch.

zoro

First Name
Zain
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
try giving Supra Concierge a call. They may know more than the techs at the dealers.

OP
OP

stepej

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra GR 3.0
Have you checked the car iDrive settings?

There might be an option that disables the remote connectivity.
My advise if you haven't already is to do a full iDrive reset so it gets rid of everything/ settings and start from scratch.
I though the dealer might do that when it was there today.... but all i think they have done is give it a (bad) wash

It's a naive question but how might i do a full iDrive reset?

I've tried holding the volume button in for more than the recommended (from the internet) 30 seconds but nothing appears to happen

OP
OP

stepej

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra GR 3.0
I though the dealer might do that when it was there today.... but all i think they have done is give it a (bad) wash

It's a naive question but how might i do a full iDrive reset?

I've tried holding the volume button in for more than the recommended (from the internet) 30 seconds but nothing appears to happen
Found the option to remove personal data & did that - something the garage hadn't bothered to try - still no luck

Spoke to the Toyota technical team...
It seems that the system they use to raise support tickets with BMW is unavailable to them as the licence has expired!! So they can't contact BMW to investigate any issues!!

Dan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 G42 M240i
Found the option to remove personal data & did that - something the garage hadn't bothered to try - still no luck

Spoke to the Toyota technical team...
It seems that the system they use to raise support tickets with BMW is unavailable to them as the licence has expired!! So they can't contact BMW to investigate any issues!!
Hmm yeah that's the thing I was on about!

That's really annoying, Do you know how old the car is?
I know with BMW some of the services expire after 3 years or even before. I'm sure though the core connected services remain active for at least 4/5 years minimum.
This bit normally gives a date on BMW's page but not for us so i have no idea when it expires.

https://www.toyota-supraconnect.uk/app/index.html#/portal
Capture2.PNG

Some other contact details listed you might have already seen.
Capture.PNG

OP
OP

stepej

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra GR 3.0
Cheers Dan

Those are the guys at Toyota i've spoken to

To be honest the whole process after giving the dealer my deposit has been a nightmare...

If the customer service had been anything like reasonable i'd probably put up with things until they were fixed but as things stand, the dealer has agreed to take the car back, so it's being returned next week

Dan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 G42 M240i
Cheers Dan

Those are the guys at Toyota i've spoken to

To be honest the whole process after giving the dealer my deposit has been a nightmare...

If the customer service had been anything like reasonable i'd probably put up with things until they were fixed but as things stand, the dealer has agreed to take the car back, so it's being returned next week

No worries, will you be looking for another Supra or going elsewhere for your replacement?
I take it elsewhere after the nightmare!:(

OP
OP

stepej

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra GR 3.0
No worries, will you be looking for another Supra or going elsewhere for your replacement?
I take it elsewhere after the nightmare!:(
Spoke to the guys at Toyota again

it seems all they can do is raise a support ticket with BMW

unfortunately Toyota haven't renewed the software licence on the the support software, so at the moment they cannot raise a problem ticket with BMW - so it's not likely that any UK Supra connectivity issues will be solved anytime soon

Maybe i should have bought that M2.....
Sponsored