Supra Revving Multiple Times

CesarGuizar05

First Name
Cesar Guizar
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra GR
Anybody else’s Supra revs multiple times when you start the car? Used to not ever do it. After 6k miles it started revving up once or twice, but now at 9k miles it’s up to 3 times before it goes back to normal idle. Doesn’t happen at cold start only the second time or third after driving is when it does it. Can this cause issues in the future?
Sponsored

Sak Dangler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra
Anybody else’s Supra revs multiple times when you start the car? Used to not ever do it. After 6k miles it started revving up once or twice, but now at 9k miles it’s up to 3 times before it goes back to normal idle. Doesn’t happen at cold start only the second time or third after driving is when it does it. Can this cause issues in the future?
That's odd. Most have the one rev once the engine is warm. Do you have any mods?

Denial

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Premium
Is it like a weird idle on startup? Mine does that a bit but I’m tuned. I never though much of it tbh but it has caught my attention a few times

OP
OP
CesarGuizar05

CesarGuizar05

First Name
Cesar Guizar
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra GR
Is it like a weird idle on startup? Mine does that a bit but I’m tuned. I never though much of it tbh but it has caught my attention a few times
Yeah it’ll rev up to 3k rpm’s and go back down and it’ll do that 3 to 4 times back to back.. very weird

abilitiesz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BRZ, Supra
Mine started doing this after getting the new recall software update. It also only happens after the car is warmed up.

Example: I start the car, drive to get coffee, order and come back within 5-10 minutes, start the car and the revs will jump up and down for a second or two until it settles back to idle.

Dunno if it's a coincidence or not.

Denial

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Premium
Yeah it’ll rev up to 3k rpm’s and go back down and it’ll do that 3 to 4 times back to back.. very weird
Mine doesn’t do it that bad but it sounds like a baby cam if you get what I’m saying just tiny revs. Nothing up to 3k though. Just like maybe a 100200 rpm jump that’s barely noticeable

Sak Dangler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra
That is very odd. I would get that checked out. Pretty sure the one rev after warmup is normal, but I have mine set to startup in sport mode (Bimmercode) so it crackles a bit more. I'm sure you're the most loved person at the gas station regardless!
Sponsored