Tail wiggle sorted

Mark-in-Stoke

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GT86 Supra v
After coming from an extremely well set up GT86 I initially thought the Supra was a little skitty when in a launch or hard acceleration and that it might just be the characteristics of it, but apparently not. On Saturday I took my Supra over to a friend who works on the British touring car circuit as "the suspension guy" and who also has friends racing them in the GT series to check it over as I'd had this niggling feeling since I'd bought it. Well as soon as he'd checked the geometry all became apparent as it was shocking! the rear wheels had a toe in of over 2.5 but not uniform and the front were 3.7 again not uniform also a castor was over half a degree out,. Anyway he got to work and corrected all the issues and now the car is simply awesome, it corners better than my 86 ever did and when I launch it it's as straight as an arrow, it's made such a huge difference.
From the factory it appears are setups are pretty pants.

FB_IMG_1619378523811.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

Hexel

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
Do you know what he set the geometry up to?

MattPhantom

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
I've seen a video (maybe throttle house 1st review) that pointed this out. My 21 likes to dance so much sometimes it's frustrating.

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium; VA STI; MK7 GOLF-R; etc..
Hummmm... my Supra tracks straight even with JB4 turned on at WOT. Did BMW have a bad alignment setting at the plant for some production runs?

2Cool

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra Premium 3.0
My stock alignment was unequal in the front with a slight toe out, the rear had .03 left and .26 degrees right toe out. Fixing those made a huge difference in feel, and alleviated the rear shift on hard acceleration and cornering.

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Just FYI, this is nothing new for the Supra (unfortunately). Many people are finding the same exact toe in numbers you found...

SpeedRacer

First Name
AP
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
That pretty much sums up my experience with my 2021 Supra.

When new, it was skittish at speed and lurched left when I stomped on the throttle. Had it aligned when replacing the steering rack (first one failed) and it’s like a whole new car. It’s a dream to drive...Very controlled, great at cornering, very predictable. Not sure how they let it out of the factory with the original alignment!
Sponsored