The Official Australian WAITING FOR MY SUPRA Thread

smoothjed

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra (ordered), WRX STI, BRZ Ts
We should meet up at some point and get some photos.

Nice. Just be aware that you mentioning the car in the post above has just added a small scratch to the black paint. When I picked up my black Type-R the salesperson told me you only ever buy a black car once. 😅
Do you know if black fairs any better with PPF?
Sponsored

OP
OP
BMWAF

BMWAF

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
'23 Supra; '08 Civic Type R; '91 VN Commodore.
Do you know if black fairs any better with PPF?
Yeah. My Type R is PPF'd and 15 years on it still looks pretty good after a wash. Don't be disheartened.. It's totally worth it by the way. It's just worth knowing it can be a bit of a bitch to keep nice so you treat it right from the get go.

Bold3rs

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Audi RSQ3, 2023 Supra mkv mt (ordered)
Supra_order.png

Typical the moment I complain on this forum stuff happens 🙄. Guess it's up to 3months away now. Or is it sooner when it's marked shipped?

Last edited:

GRSoup

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra
We should meet up at some point and get some photos.

Nice. Just be aware that you mentioning the car in the post above has just added a small scratch to the black paint. When I picked up my black Type-R the salesperson told me you only ever buy a black car once. 😅
yeah @BMWAF , we do a met with all these new Supra coming!!

who else is in hahaha

wilorichie

First Name
Richie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra and Z
Off topic but just keen to share with you dudes :D

A different kind of wait (not mine... kind of lol). But my wife ordered the Z at the start of the year.

She got a call yesterday asking to confirm we are still going ahead because Nissan have an allocation for her and it will be here in 2 months :O

She ordered the least popular colour by a long way (Rosewood)... probably why shes getting it so quickly compared to many other stories I've heard.

The first Nissan we visited tried to charge us 5k over their RRP (not allowed in Aus). No Nissan at my dealership, so had to purchase this elsewhere... it was weird doing that hah.

Bold3rs

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Audi RSQ3, 2023 Supra mkv mt (ordered)
When did you order? Congrats mate :)
I ordered the car on the 5th of December 2022. I was told at the time that it would take roughly 12months. I notice some here have been quoted much shorter times either the dealer is not being honest, or they are picking up one from someone that's walked away. That or Toyota is starting to get its house in order.

A dealer on the Gold Coast had a 2022 demo (auto) in stock, and I went in to kick the tires etc. I was wanting to buy a blue one with tan interior (which I still think looks great). They had a yellow which I was sold on the moment I saw it. They wanted 110k driveaway for a demo with 7k on the clock. I really wanted the MT and they of course did the hard sell about having to wait vs now.

I ended up paying 104.5k and seeing some of the earlier comments (in this forum) of what people paid thru a buying service maybe I could have done better but such is life. I bought at another dealer as the price gouging said a lot about what kind of people they were. Also, I couldn't stand the idea of paying more than the rrp on a 6month old car etc. So here I am still waiting :)

OP
OP
BMWAF

BMWAF

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
'23 Supra; '08 Civic Type R; '91 VN Commodore.
I ordered the car on the 5th of December 2022. I was told at the time that it would take roughly 12months. I notice some here have been quoted much shorter times either the dealer is not being honest, or they are picking up one from someone that's walked away. That or Toyota is starting to get its house in order.

A dealer on the Gold Coast had a 2022 demo (auto) in stock, and I went in to kick the tires etc. I was wanting to buy a blue one with tan interior (which I still think looks great). They had a yellow which I was sold on the moment I saw it. They wanted 110k driveaway for a demo with 7k on the clock. I really wanted the MT and they of course did the hard sell about having to wait vs now.

I ended up paying 104.5k and seeing some of the earlier comments (in this forum) of what people paid thru a buying service maybe I could have done better but such is life. I bought at another dealer as the price gouging said a lot about what kind of people they were. Also, I couldn't stand the idea of paying more than the rrp on a 6month old car etc. So here I am still waiting :)
Wait.. did you buy the yellow or not?

DVK

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2012 GT86 GTS, 2012 GT86 GT 2023 GR Supra GTS
What was your order date?

Phil
Ordered through a broker 21/12/2022. They gave me an estimated delivery date of yesterday which I took with a grain of salt. Toyota confirmed the order 22/12/2022 and advised no estimated delivery date was possible but that I should expect delivery between October and December.

lucky phil

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra GTS 2024 MT, Kia Stonic GT, Mazda CX5 GT SP
Ordered through a broker 21/12/2022. They gave me an estimated delivery date of yesterday which I took with a grain of salt. Toyota confirmed the order 22/12/2022 and advised no estimated delivery date was possible but that I should expect delivery between October and December.
Ok cool, thanks. I ordered on the 12th of January. No word from Toyota yet, nothing since the order confirmation.

Phil

DVK

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2012 GT86 GTS, 2012 GT86 GT 2023 GR Supra GTS
Ok cool, thanks. I ordered on the 12th of January. No word from Toyota yet, nothing since the order confirmation.

Phil
That ‘shipped’ email was the first I’ve had since the order confirmation email.. Hopefully you don’t have too much longer o wait.
Sponsored