Tin Sound/Exhaust Rattles? A91 Supra

SirJakeyWakey

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra A91 Special Edition
So I have been hunting down a tin/rattle sound for about two weeks now since puting on a AMS Catted DP and a MagnaFlow Exhaust. It first started with the exhaust contacting the K-brace and that was an easy fix but now around 2000 RPM and under there is a horrible rattle/tin sound while driving and then while sitting at idle. It is not always consistent and it needs to warm up to really start to happen. I have tried to figure out where it is coming from but i only get about 15-30secs of the noise when I get out the car to figure out where and all I can find is it is somewhere near the front hanger of the exhaust.

All heat shields are secured and exhaust is secured as well with nothing contacting each other.

I am wondering if anyone has had or is having the same issue as me? I have a A91. Thanks in advance
Sponsored

xkenx1995

First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra
So I have been hunting down a tin/rattle sound for about two weeks now since puting on a AMS Catted DP and a MagnaFlow Exhaust. It first started with the exhaust contacting the K-brace and that was an easy fix but now around 2000 RPM and under there is a horrible rattle/tin sound while driving and then while sitting at idle. It is not always consistent and it needs to warm up to really start to happen. I have tried to figure out where it is coming from but i only get about 15-30secs of the noise when I get out the car to figure out where and all I can find is it is somewhere near the front hanger of the exhaust.

All heat shields are secured and exhaust is secured as well with nothing contacting each other.

I am wondering if anyone has had or is having the same issue as me? I have a A91. Thanks in advance
Did you ever find the rattle? I checked all bands, and they are secure.

ViperTwo4

First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra GR 3.0
Wanted to revive this thread. Did you ever find the cause of it? I have a magnaflow exhaust and I have a muffler on one side and straight piped on the valved side. My assumption is that since there is more flow going through the exhaust on the valved side, the rattling is coming from the actual butterfly valve.
Sponsored