Vibrations/Rattles in 2020 Premium Supra

Jree

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Red 3.0P
Did you look in the footwell to see if the plastic under the dash is loose. I had a problem with mine on the drivers side. I put some felt between the plastic cover and bottom of dash and it got rid of the noise. see the red circled area.
supraunderdash.jpg
I am 99% sure it is not coming from the foootwell since I can hear it beside me/behind me.
Sponsored

Grendel-13

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra 2017 Corvette Grand Sport 2015 BMW 435xi
I am 99% sure it is not coming from the foootwell since I can hear it beside me/behind me.
Mine sounded like the driver door or dash when I first heard it. When it was going on I pushed up the plastic with my leg and the noise stopped. Try driving with someone in the passenger seat and see what happens with the noise. There is a clip for baby seats or harnesses behind the seats, below the subwoofers, see if that is possibly loose. Also do you have a garage door opener clipped to the visor, those can make some interesting noises also. I hate those unknown noises. I have to buckle the passenger side seal belt on my Corvette because it rattles. A Corvette vibrates a lot more than the Supra. Good luck I hope you can track it down.

Jree

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Red 3.0P
Mine sounded like the driver door or dash when I first heard it. When it was going on I pushed up the plastic with my leg and the noise stopped. Try driving with someone in the passenger seat and see what happens with the noise. There is a clip for baby seats or harnesses behind the seats, below the subwoofers, see if that is possibly loose. Also do you have a garage door opener clipped to the visor, those can make some interesting noises also. I hate those unknown noises. I have to buckle the passenger side seal belt on my Corvette because it rattles. A Corvette vibrates a lot more than the Supra. Good luck I hope you can track it down.
thank you. It sounds like it’s coming from the seat belt dispenser area, behind the seat. It comes from both the passenger and drivers side, most noticeable on bumpy roads. I’m waiting for a day when Ihave a few hours to spare to take the interior trims apart.

Jree

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Red 3.0P
I had this occasional metal to metal rattle over sharp bumps on my Supra coming from the passenger side which I narrowed down to the passenger side seat belt. It did not matter whether a passenger wearing a seat belt was onboard or not.

Below is a picture of the anchor end of the buckle where the passenger would buckle up to between the passenger seat and passenger door. The plastic cover is pulled backwards to expose the metal parts.

I made a spacer shaped like the red line drawing with the blue dotted area cut out so that I could slide it between the metal parts. I used a polycarbonate sheet I had to make this (a little thicker than an over head transparency) to dampen the noise. I suppose one can try it using a note card.

Worked great, no more noise...!

upload_2020-7-4_10-11-31.png
Would you be able to print this for me if I paid you?
Also this is near the head level of the passenger ride? Not the hip level end where you buckle in the belt.

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium; VA STI; MK7 GOLF-R; etc..
Would you be able to print this for me if I paid you?
Also this is near the head level of the passenger ride? Not the hip level end where you buckle in the belt.
I would not be able to print it as I just made it using scissors and a razor blade.. It's the one for the hip level mounted near the floor between the passenger seat and door.

Jree

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Red 3.0P
I would not be able to print it as I just made it using scissors and a razor blade.. It's the one for the hip level mounted near the floor between the passenger seat and door.
The seat belt buckle release with the red push tab? That’s between the center console and the seat tho. What’s between the door and the seat?

Jree

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Red 3.0P
It’s up around where the seatbelt attaches to the pillar, not at the buckle. I just turn the radio up when it gets bad lol
Same... have you found a fix for this?

SupraPaPa

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
I am hearing a new rattle, inside the dash, to the left of the steering column, almost sounds like a wiring harness shaking and bumping into something. Anyone else experience this one? It is new in the last month, just went over 3K miles in January

digicidal

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2020 RX350, 2007 4Runner
I am hearing a new rattle, inside the dash, to the left of the steering column, almost sounds like a wiring harness shaking and bumping into something. Anyone else experience this one? It is new in the last month, just went over 3K miles in January
Yep. I have that one off and on all the time. Only happens on rougher surfaces in sport mode... usually after I've been driving for awhile, but occasionally right after leaving home. It goes away long enough that I haven't bothered taking everything apart to find out what needs another zip tie... but it is a bit irritating when it happens.

SupraPaPa

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
I agree, while not super loud, it is annoying. I was hoping it was something someone on here had already address so I did not have to "go fish".

Meanie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
I had a rattle in my dash area also over rough roads or hot sunny days. Tightening the 2 screws above the instrument cluster trim about 1/2 turn each seemed to make mine go away.
Dash.jpg

screw.jpg

Jree

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Red 3.0P
popping noise from the a pillar area for me. Sounds like wind but not sure. Anyone know?

Heavy Foot

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra. 2018 Mazda Miata RF. 2020 Range Rover.
Hello, do you have any idea on how to fix the door pin noise? I've also got a rattle going over bumps coming from the rear. It sounds like to hatch lid is loose. I've turned the 2 bump stops on top of the tail lights, but no luck. Thanks.
Sponsored