Vibrations/Rattles in 2020 Premium Supra

nosavingthrow

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2022 Mazda 3 Turbo
^^^ Nice do you have a link for silicone clip cover?
Not the OP, but I assume this is what they bought https://www.ebay.com/itm/294535736276

Would keep the plastic of the buckle from banging against the trim when the seatbelt isn't in use. I usually just lean over and flip it so it stops rattling, but might try this out.
Sponsored

Andrew__a90

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra 3.0 Premium Nitro Yellow
Another vibration spot located and eliminated...

I noticed lately that there was a vibration coming from the back of the center display even with no music playing ...While it's not as loud or obvious while driving with the music turned off, when play music at ~ 40% volume, the top grill plate of the center speaker cover will vibrate and rattle...The vibration from the grill cover would also travel to the display itself and cause this to vibrate as well...

I simply removed the plastic cover and noticed the speaker metal grill cover tabs (8 of them) were not securely pressed against the plastic of the main cover itself...I then pressed them firmly against the plastic cover and this seemed to fix the problem...see pic below...

Also the 2 torx screws holding down the display itself (which are exposed after removing the cover) needed roughly a 1/2 turn to secure them firmly...

Side note: I'm noticing these minor vibrations and rattling occurring more during the extremely hot weather (~110F) we've been having lately here in AZ....Which I suppose should be no surprise because of the large coefficient of expansion of the plastic material some plastic panels with tighter tolerances begin to press and rub against one another...

Center Speaker Grill Cover tabs.jpg
Putting foam tape over the 8 tabs and across the plastic that touches the screen also helps a lot, I did this originally but they once again became loose so taping it down fixes that.

Jmanlevan

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Supra 3.0 MT, '00 4Runner SR5
When I drive with the stereo off I have a little occasional buzz which sounds like it’s coming from the tiny tweeter speaker/plastic surround behind my drivers seat. It’s super irritating because I can definitely notice it when all I wanna do is listen to the glorious sport mode sounds! Anybody got any fixes for this?

Andrew__a90

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra 3.0 Premium Nitro Yellow
When I drive with the stereo off I have a little occasional buzz which sounds like it’s coming from the tiny tweeter speaker/plastic surround behind my drivers seat. It’s super irritating because I can definitely notice it when all I wanna do is listen to the glorious sport mode sounds! Anybody got any fixes for this?
It’s hopeless, this car is plagued by rattles but most sports cars are, from Mustangs to McLarens their interiors typical suck. I have this loud buzzing sound that sounds like it’s coming from the rear of the car. It only appears at times and then it will vanish without a trace. I took the liberty to add weatherstripping to all the plastic bits that touch glass or other hard plastic but I’m sure it’s only a matter of time before that sound haunts me again. Good luck man but as far as eliminating these sounds go it’s bleak, consider yourself lucky if this is the only sound you are cursed with.

alan7467

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra 3.0 Premium
I developed a really annoying rattle in my dead pedal after going over some super shitty roads yesterday. Haven't had a chance to pull it apart to look for the source. If I apply enough pressure to it the rattling stops completely.