Tips for expanding foam for an EOS SH wing install?

Even Heaven

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra MT, 2008 Lexus IS250 MT
Hi everyone.

Going to be installing my EOS SH wing within the next few weeks and I did some research, but had some questions.

I've seen a lot of comments about how the middle portion of the wing is prone to flapping and have seen suggestions about filling it with spray expanding foam to prevent it. Does anyone have experience with this? Should I be using a specific foam for this? -- I ask because I've also seen some stories of how certain foams can harden to the point where the wing can crack
Sponsored

lucky phil

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra GTS 2024 MT, Kia Stonic GT, Mazda CX5 GT SP
Hi everyone.

Going to be installing my EOS SH wing within the next few weeks and I did some research, but had some questions.

I've seen a lot of comments about how the middle portion of the wing is prone to flapping and have seen suggestions about filling it with spray expanding foam to prevent it. Does anyone have experience with this? Should I be using a specific foam for this? -- I ask because I've also seen some stories of how certain foams can harden to the point where the wing can crack
I've only used expanding foam once many years ago. The only useful insight I can give you is it's messy and if it's trapped in any part of an enclosed piece it generates enough pressure to do damage.

Phil

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Hi, just so that you get the right support, why not ask this where you found the discussion at? or better yet, ask here and there and link that from FB or from wherever here as well?

Pictures for context:
https://extremeonlinestore.com/coll...yota-gr-supra-st-rear-trunk-spoiler-high-wing

if people are doing it great, but weird application. You'll drill hole(s) where? what depth? how much foam?? which expanding foam?

c0_ff868a09-44d9-4def-a59a-009b10bf17f2.jpg

shift_love

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
is430, 21 gr supra 3.0
Hi, just so that you get the right support, why not ask this where you found the discussion at? or better yet, ask here and there and link that from FB or from wherever here as well?

Pictures for context:
https://extremeonlinestore.com/coll...yota-gr-supra-st-rear-trunk-spoiler-high-wing

if people are doing it great, but weird application. You'll drill hole(s) where? what depth? how much foam?? which expanding foam?

c0_ff868a09-44d9-4def-a59a-009b10bf17f2.jpg
sorry to thread jack...but

any chance you guys will do a carbon center section with abs side pieces? Im totally over how wavy fiberglass can be and have had great luck with poly/plastic parts over the past few years

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra

shift_love

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
is430, 21 gr supra 3.0