Wing install question

SInner

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 3.0
I’ve watched some videos of wing installations and it seems like most people are drilling through their interior trim leaving holes and exposed hardware when the trunks open. Has anyone been able to remove the interior pieces prior to the drilling for a cleaner install?
Sponsored

DarkZupra

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0, 2021 Tesla M3P
I’ve watched some videos of wing installations and it seems like most people are drilling through their interior trim leaving holes and exposed hardware when the trunks open. Has anyone been able to remove the interior pieces prior to the drilling for a cleaner install?
The hatch looks like 2 pieces, but is in fact one piece. Some wings have higher quality mounting hardware than others and look better when open.

OP
OP

SInner

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 3.0
The hatch looks like 2 pieces, but is in fact one piece. Some wings have higher quality mounting hardware than others and look better when open.
It seems like the interior must be a separate piece though. I’ve seen a few people both them on right into the interior and others widen the interior holes so the hardware is counter sunk. Maybe I’m not understanding

DarkZupra

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
It seems like the interior must be a separate piece though. I’ve seen a few people both them on right into the interior and others widen the interior holes so the hardware is counter sunk. Maybe I’m not understanding
Look up the part with Toyota if you dont believe me. Hatch is one piece.

OP
OP

SInner

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 3.0
This piece can’t be removed?

F8BE8107-EEE8-4DA8-A283-C8D627CBFDA8.png

DarkZupra

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
hollow plastic doesn’t seem like a great mounting surface for a wing at high speed
My Verus wing has handled 160+ with 0 issues.

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
It doesn’t mount to the plastic, you bypass the plastic by cutting through it, to mount it to the frame of the trunk.

My stupid streethunter wing is has had hundreds of pulls over 140mph, and might have seen 180+mph at some point. It’s not loose.
IMG_4006.jpeg
Technically the whole hatch is plastic, painted exterior and raw plastic interior.

IMG_0503.jpeg

OP
OP

SInner

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 3.0
Technically the whole hatch is plastic, painted exterior and raw plastic interior.

IMG_0503.jpeg
I guess that was my question. It sounds like the inner and outer are 2 pieces but bonded or adhered together.

concept

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Supra 45th, Mikan 2008 Mazda MX5 PRHT manual
hollow plastic doesn’t seem like a great mounting surface for a wing at high speed
Perhaps fender washers would distribute the load over a larger surface area.