Toyota highest demand, lowest days supply

If shopping for another vehicle, will this make you more likely to shop around?

• Total voters

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
Toyota currently has the Lowest Days Supply. So what’s the take? Good news for Toyota or bad news for Toyota buyers trying to get a hold of one?

Typically the higher days of supply = better deals & more room to negotiate. Pretty striking Toyota is so far ahead of the rest. They were also one of the few that didn’t go all in on EVs. The deals you can get on new & used EVs are fantastic, atm!

According to Clark Howard (recent podcast): “the automotive industry operates on an equilibrium being a 55 day supply. And that's how they come up with that is that from the time a vehicle finishes the assembly line till it's loaded onto a train or transport to move across the country, to then go on a truck to deliver to a dealer and all that and then put it on the lot, the perfect inventory amount for the consumer and the auto manufacturer's. 55 days theoretical supply doing that math formula right now the industry is at 80 days.

https://caredge.com/guides/new-car-inventory-2024

IMG_2395.jpeg

IMG_2394.jpeg
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
FLtrackdays

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
Poor Ram. If in the market for a Truck, there you go.

Personally, I’d still pound the pavement for another Supra. Owning one has made me biased. I still think they are a great buy at MSRP. But if you are on the fence for a slightly higher priced car, there’s likely more room to negotiate. Food for thought 💭

Last edited: