UK… ordering to delivery

Phil3

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra 3.0 Pro
Looking for some timescales on what people have seen for getting their Supra’s in the UK

I ordered mine towards the end of March this year, and was told end of July time for delivery… hoping that isn’t far off, but who knows in the current climate

Also, anyone else with an order in waiting for their car? What details/dates have you been given?

Cheers
Sponsored

Muzzie

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
JARAMA RACETRACK EDITION Arrives July
I ordered a Jamera race edition on the 21st of May 21 and the ETA is 4th of July 21.

OP
OP
Phil3

Phil3

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra 3.0 Pro
I ordered a Jamera race edition on the 21st of May 21 and the ETA is 4th of July 21.
Nice! That’s a decent turn around too if it happens… do you have the app for tracking the progress in the car?

Be interesting to know how fast they move from stage to stage once they start to be built

Muzzie

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
JARAMA RACETRACK EDITION Arrives July
On the Toyota portal, it says;

Left the Factory
GRAZ, AUSTRIA

I can't see a build date.

PeteBaja

First Name
Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota GR Supra 3.0 Pro, Toyota MR2 Mk3, Audi A2
I ordered mine on the first week of this year! Yes, back in January! Initially I was told mid May which then moved to mid July and is now mid August due to a spec change to the 3.0 Pro. I can only see a reduction to emissions but everything else is the same.
There was news on one website that the Magna Steyr factory had been closed either due to Covid or parts supply issues and has just reopened in mid May.
I know that someone else (F22bub) changed their order to a Jarama edition to expedite delivery, I haven't heard if he has now got his car though but I'd be keen to hear how he got on.
I love the yellow colour so much that I wouldn't want to change my order so hopefully it's just two more months although I really wanted the car to enjoy the summer. My salesman is negotiating with Toyota GB for a goodwill gesture due to the delays (I've had to cancel one holiday as I had planned a break around July, but that's a moot point now!)

PeteBaja

First Name
Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Just a further update on my order - and it's not good news. My mid August date has been pushed back to mid November!!! That's 11 months since placing the order. The salesman was as annoyed as I was and is being told by Toyota GB that it is his job to manage customer expectations when he expressed his disappointment when told the news that he had to pass on to me.
To be honest, I'm starting to give up hope on getting this car - I wouldn't want the car for the winter anyway.

Craig172

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ford Focus RS FPM375 and Mazda 2.0 ND
Just a further update on my order - and it's not good news. My mid August date has been pushed back to mid November!!! That's 11 months since placing the order. The salesman was as annoyed as I was and is being told by Toyota GB that it is his job to manage customer expectations when he expressed his disappointment when told the news that he had to pass on to me.
To be honest, I'm starting to give up hope on getting this car - I wouldn't want the car for the winter anyway.
Why don't you buy a nearly new one instead there's plenty around from 45k upwards on AT some with just a few hundred miles on and your save a lot in depreciation too. I got mine a 3.0 Pro in Grey registered Oct 2020 with 2500 miles for just 41k - a huge saving on new for not many miles

f22bub

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra Jarama Racetrack Edition
Hi @PeteBaja , yes I got my Jarama Racetrack edition on 9th of June. I can totally understand your frustration with your order, I was pissed as well that mine was pushed back so hard!

PeteBaja

First Name
Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Why don't you buy a nearly new one instead there's plenty around from 45k upwards on AT some with just a few hundred miles on and your save a lot in depreciation too. I got mine a 3.0 Pro in Grey registered Oct 2020 with 2500 miles for just 41k - a huge saving on new for not many miles
I am looking for a Litening Yellow Supra 3.0 Pro, having seen this colour in the metal it's the only colour I want.
Regarding nearly new, that's probably me being OCD as I want this to be right from the start so want it ceramic coated and there's always the nagging doubt that the first keeper was only going to keep it for a short period so didn't treat it like a long term prospect and used launch control too much not caring as any future issues wouldn't be theirs.
I hope I haven't caused offence, just want to know that I know it's full history.

PeteBaja

First Name
Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hi @PeteBaja , yes I got my Jarama Racetrack edition on 9th of June. I can totally understand your frustration with your order, I was pissed as well that mine was pushed back so hard!
Glad to hear that you got sorted, I hope you're enjoying every moment this summer and have a few road trips planned.
Hope that the dealer treated you well and offered something for all of the hassle.

f22bub

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra Jarama Racetrack Edition
Glad to hear that you got sorted, I hope you're enjoying every moment this summer and have a few road trips planned.
Hope that the dealer treated you well and offered something for all of the hassle.
I got to keep the original discount %, so it was a steal because I think the Jaramas are a bit more expensive so that was a good thing at least. I also ordered mine originally in yellow as you might remember and I still love that color, but for me, the blue beats it thats why I was looking forward to the swap. If you wait until November, that's cool but then again, its likely that the Supra will get a facelift next year and then it might even make sense to wait until mid 2022. Check out if there are any Jaramas left and check them out in person, maybe you'll like the blue actually! If you cant find one close by, maybe you have seen a blue M2 CS? Because the blue M2 CS has the exact same color as the Jarama Supra

OP
OP
Phil3

Phil3

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra 3.0 Pro
I spoke to my dealer yesterday and was told instead of looking at the back end of July, it’s nolooking likely to be the 2nd/3rd week in August for the car

Same as your order too… 3.0 Pro in Yellow @PeteBaja, what does your current status show on the MyT app?

Craig172

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ford Focus RS FPM375 and Mazda 2.0 ND
I am looking for a Litening Yellow Supra 3.0 Pro, having seen this colour in the metal it's the only colour I want.
Regarding nearly new, that's probably me being OCD as I want this to be right from the start so want it ceramic coated and there's always the nagging doubt that the first keeper was only going to keep it for a short period so didn't treat it like a long term prospect and used launch control too much not caring as any future issues wouldn't be theirs.
I hope I haven't caused offence, just want to know that I know it's full history.
Fair enough, Ironically the launch control option on all the reviews does nt work well anyway, bogging it down, more than a manual start, so im not sure anyone uses it anyway. The summer is the season for this car and Autumn, mine will be off road over the winter. There's a brand new unregistered yellow one on Autotrader in stock for less than 50k, including the first years tax which around 1k on the first year, so a good saving of not far off £5k and ready to go :)
Yellow Supra New

Last edited:

PeteBaja

First Name
Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Fair enough, Ironically the launch control option on all the reviews does nt work well anyway, bogging it down, more than a manual start, so im not sure anyone uses it anyway. The summer is the season for this car and Autumn, mine will be off road over the winter. There's a brand new unregistered yellow one on Autotrader in stock for less than 50k, including the first years tax which around 1k on the first year, so a good saving of not far off £5k and ready to go :)
Yellow Supra New
I had seen the yellow one on Autotrader, it's at Steven Eagell. So I phoned them up and they said that they were having problems with Autotrader as they were putting posts up of vehicles in stock which isn't the case - they didn't have that car, they had a 2019 one though but were apologetic for the misleading ad.

PeteBaja

First Name
Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I spoke to my dealer yesterday and was told instead of looking at the back end of July, it’s nolooking likely to be the 2nd/3rd week in August for the car

Same as your order too… 3.0 Pro in Yellow @PeteBaja, what does your current status show on the MyT app?
On the app, my order is "Processing Order" , so stuck at the initial section.
Sponsored