UK… ordering to delivery

MK_Surrey

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Lightning Yellow 3.0 Pro (2022 Delivery)
Delivery has slipped 3 months to mid-May.

Only taken 2 weeks since ordering ?
Sponsored

Dan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 G42 M240i
Delivery has slipped 3 months to mid-May.

Only taken 2 weeks since ordering ?
Took delivery of mine late may, perfect time of year to collect the car!

If you don't want to wait then some new ones in stock on Auto Trader. Not sure how long they have been around but we don't get any of the USA changes over here so should be identical.

PeteBaja

First Name
Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota GR Supra 3.0 Pro, Toyota MR2 Mk3, Audi A2
Just to say that some traders on Auto Trader may not have the purported new cars in stock! I was getting exasperated by my own delivery delay and rang Steven Eagell as they were showing new cars that were available. Unfortunately the salesperson related that they were having issues with AT and were trying to resolve the situation and could only apologise for the misleading ads.
Back to my own order and my car has arrived at my dealer today! Getting PDI'd today and the ceramic coating is to take three days - so should be ready for handover by the end of the week, although I have my insurance set to run from the 1st Nov so I may wait until next Monday to collect it - it would be just my luck for fireworks or Trick or Treaters to run against it!

MK_Surrey

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Lightning Yellow 3.0 Pro (2022 Delivery)
@carbonate , yes - dealer sent me an e-mail, next update in a few weeks.

@Dan , I agree, May is a great time to get the car, but it's going to be my daily car and replacing an A6 estate, so I'm eager for the change! At least the days will definitely be frost free in May!

@PeteBaja exciting times ahead! Looking forward to seeing pics.

Dan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 G42 M240i
Using mine as a daily, been fantastic so far apart from the fuel economy for local town commuting ?

PeteBaja

First Name
Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
@carbonate , yes - dealer sent me an e-mail, next update in a few weeks.

@Dan , I agree, May is a great time to get the car, but it's going to be my daily car and replacing an A6 estate, so I'm eager for the change! At least the days will definitely be frost free in May!

@PeteBaja exciting times ahead! Looking forward to seeing pics.
Thank you, the delivery has coincided with the wettest weather for quite a while so I'll be easy on the throttle.
Just got a Gtechniq ceramic coating done by the dealer so the water should sheet off the car at least.
I asked them to fit the front number plate on a tow bar bracket but they said that the standard rectangular plate fouled with the parking sensors so they're fitting a square front number plate - sounds a bit JDM if you ask me but I'll see how it looks on Monday. And it comes with a full tank of fuel, given the cost of petrol these days ( circa £6.60/gal) that's appreciated!

OP
OP
Phil3

Phil3

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra 3.0 Pro
Thank you, the delivery has coincided with the wettest weather for quite a while so I'll be easy on the throttle.
Just got a Gtechniq ceramic coating done by the dealer so the water should sheet off the car at least.
I asked them to fit the front number plate on a tow bar bracket but they said that the standard rectangular plate fouled with the parking sensors so they're fitting a square front number plate - sounds a bit JDM if you ask me but I'll see how it looks on Monday. And it comes with a full tank of fuel, given the cost of petrol these days ( circa £6.60/gal) that's appreciated!
Looking foward to the photos mate!
…the plate sounds interesting too, at least they haven’t drilled the middle of the bumper haha

PeteBaja

First Name
Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Looking foward to the photos mate!
…the plate sounds interesting too, at least they haven’t drilled the middle of the bumper haha
Thanks Phil, yeah the square number plate sounds weird - but who knows, it might be a good look! I'll reserve judgement until I clap eyes on the car. I'll just be glad to get the car at long last and as long as Supra Connect works, I can hook up my iPod Touch and the owners manual comes in a leather wallet I'll be happy.
Now, time for some automatic transmission driving lessons!

OP
OP
Phil3

Phil3

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra 3.0 Pro
Thanks Phil, yeah the square number plate sounds weird - but who knows, it might be a good look! I'll reserve judgement until I clap eyes on the car. I'll just be glad to get the car at long last and as long as Supra Connect works, I can hook up my iPod Touch and the owners manual comes in a leather wallet I'll be happy.
Now, time for some automatic transmission driving lessons!
haha you’ll love it mate… I think the number plate will defo look the part, that little bit different too which is always nice ??

PeteBaja

First Name
Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
You could say "today was a good day", not many days like this come around so it was a pinch yourself to check that your not dreaming sort of day.
Slowly getting the hang of the gearbox - I keep forgetting to press the brake pedal when going from park to drive but it's been great fun.
One of those cars that you look back over your shoulder at after parking it.

Attachments

carbonate

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Silver 3.0 Supra Pro (awaiting delivery)
You could say "today was a good day", not many days like this come around so it was a pinch yourself to check that your not dreaming sort of day.
Slowly getting the hang of the gearbox - I keep forgetting to press the brake pedal when going from park to drive but it's been great fun.
One of those cars that you look back over your shoulder at after parking it.
That looks great, I bet you can’t wipe the smile off your face! You’ll soon get used to the auto, a couple of weeks and it’ll just come naturally.
I’ve just had the call from the dealer with the news I didn’t want to hear, mines also been pushed back to May now, so seeing your photos has made me very jealous. I just hope that’s the actual delivery date though and I don’t get a call in January with another later date.

Last edited:

PeteBaja

First Name
Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
That looks great, I bet you can’t wipe the smile off your face! You’ll soon get used to the auto, a couple of weeks and it’ll just come naturally.
I’ve just had the call from the dealer with the news I didn’t want to hear, mines also been pushed back to May now, so seeing your photos has made me very jealous. I just hope that’s the actual delivery date though and I don’t get a call in January with another later date.
I can empathise, I know what that's like - where goalposts are moved just when you've built your dreams up on a set date.
Here's hoping that that's the last time that you get your date shifted back.
I must admit that the oncoming winter put a dampener on things but that was dispelled when I saw the car in the showroom. That colour is fantastic, it just confirmed my decision to wait all this time (11 months) for the colour that I wanted.
Haven't got the owners manual yet, so hopefully that gets sorted soon as it'll be trial and error for the minute.
Just a question to anyone out there, do you adjust the rear view mirror by hand (as it's very hard to move) or is there adjustments similar to the HUD within the iDrive menu?

carbonate

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Silver 3.0 Supra Pro (awaiting delivery)
I can empathise, I know what that's like - where goalposts are moved just when you've built your dreams up on a set date.
Here's hoping that that's the last time that you get your date shifted back.
I must admit that the oncoming winter put a dampener on things but that was dispelled when I saw the car in the showroom. That colour is fantastic, it just confirmed my decision to wait all this time (11 months) for the colour that I wanted.
Haven't got the owners manual yet, so hopefully that gets sorted soon as it'll be trial and error for the minute.
Just a question to anyone out there, do you adjust the rear view mirror by hand (as it's very hard to move) or is there adjustments similar to the HUD within the iDrive menu?
If you have a login to Toyota.co.uk then you can download the user manual from there (I’d attach it here for you but the file size is too big), you should be able to find it here https://www.toyota.co.uk/tme

PeteBaja

First Name
Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
If you have a login to Toyota.co.uk then you can download the user manual from there (I’d attach it here for you but the file size is too big), you should be able to find it here https://www.toyota.co.uk/tme
Thanks, It never occurred to me to look in the boot as the salesperson was expecting to find it in the glovebox.
So, guess what? There amongst two different types of front number plate is a sealed black leather wallet with Toyota GR Supra embossed on it!
Voila! My owners manual and service book. It's not as thick as I was expecting considering the amount of options within iDrive but I'll be doing my homework tonight.
Sponsored