US Launch Edition Supra details and images

Which one is everyone getting?

• Total voters

Supra21

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mercedes Benz C250
Not yet. As of today there aren't any allocated to any dealers in the nation. I'd imagine that might change at some point in May but not 100% sure. I have been given a pretty steady response for when they will be here, August (might be end of July in some areas, might be September in others).
I went to 2 dealerships in South Florida. One was very vague in regards to its landing in the showroom but stated that they are taking $5,000 non-refundable deposits for first delivery. The other dealership is taking no deposits at this time and said their shipment is set for September of this year.
Sponsored

084runnerltd

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
08 4Runner / 99’ Lexus LX470 / Deposit 2020 Supra
Vehicle Showcase
I went to 2 dealerships in South Florida. One was very vague in regards to its landing in the showroom but stated that they are taking $5,000 non-refundable deposits for first delivery. The other dealership is taking no deposits at this time and said their shipment is set for September of this year.
5k “depositS!?” Pretty ballsy of them to be taking $5,000 deposits from multiple people when allocations haven’t been given....

I hope people go to a different dealership, at least one that only takes “non-refundable” deposits after they have VINs and know what they are getting.

Although it sucks some dealerships are marking up above MSRP, I understand it. However, I don’t understand dealerships expecting customers to put down 5k (NON-REFUNDABLE) to MAYBE get a car, and if they are lucky enough to get one, receiving it in a random color...

When you say, “first delivery” I am assuming that is a Launch Edition? You should ask the dealership how many they are getting, what colors they will be getting, and of those, which ones will have the drivers assistance package. When they can’t answer any of those questions with certainty, tuck that $5,000 back into your pocket.....

How many deposits is this dealership taking?

SpamSupra

First Name
Damon
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MKV Supra (Absolute White)
I also put down 5k on the supra, they estimated delivery to be in august or september and that my state would be getting estimated 19 supras only, they dont know how many launch editions they will be getting. I was told that they would do a lottery pull of names for who gets a launch edition since everyone who's on the list wants a launch edition. I was able to tell him what color I want atleast. They also didnt know how many would have the driver assistance packages. I wasn't given a VIN, just a receipt for my 5k deposit.

KeshyMKV

First Name
V
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 MKV Supra - 3.0 Premium (On order)
Vehicle Showcase
5k “depositS!?” Pretty ballsy of them to be taking $5,000 deposits from multiple people when allocations haven’t been given....

I hope people go to a different dealership, at least one that only takes “non-refundable” deposits after they have VINs and know what they are getting.

Although it sucks some dealerships are marking up above MSRP, I understand it. However, I don’t understand dealerships expecting customers to put down 5k (NON-REFUNDABLE) to MAYBE get a car, and if they are lucky enough to get one, receiving it in a random color...

When you say, “first delivery” I am assuming that is a Launch Edition? You should ask the dealership how many they are getting, what colors they will be getting, and of those, which ones will have the drivers assistance package. When they can’t answer any of those questions with certainty, tuck that $5,000 back into your pocket.....

How many deposits is this dealership taking?
This is complete BS. The first dealership I went to to put my deposit down took a $500 fully refundable deposit, and stated in writing to sell at MSRP and not a penny over. They did know about the Supra and definitely had a rough idea of when to expect allocation, although still not 100% certain. $5K non refundable is just straight non sense. These are the dealerships that don't know anything about the car, just that it's a special production car and they just want to capitalize on it. When I went to order a 2018 Audi RS5 the dealer didn't even take a deposit and ordered the car...It's just a Supra sheesh.

Cheers,
-V

084runnerltd

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I agree with you brother.

In fact, I have a feeling that the “non-refundable” deposit would be refundable if you pressed the issue....the way it stands now, I am not even sure it is legal....

I think we need to keep the forum members as far away from that dealership possible....

My deposit process was identical to yours...500.00, refundable for any reason, MSRP, unsure of dates, colors, eta, etc....

This is complete BS. The first dealership I went to to put my deposit down took a $500 fully refundable deposit, and stated in writing to sell at MSRP and not a penny over. They did know about the Supra and definitely had a rough idea of when to expect allocation, although still not 100% certain. $5K non refundable is just straight non sense. These are the dealerships that don't know anything about the car, just that it's a special production car and they just want to capitalize on it. When I went to order a 2018 Audi RS5 the dealer didn't even take a deposit and ordered the car...It's just a Supra sheesh.

Cheers,
-V

KeshyMKV

First Name
V
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 MKV Supra - 3.0 Premium (On order)
Vehicle Showcase
I agree with you brother.

In fact, I have a feeling that the “non-refundable” deposit would be refundable if you pressed the issue....the way it stands now, I am not even sure it is legal....

I think we need to keep the forum members as far away from that dealership possible....

My deposit process was identical to yours...500.00, refundable for any reason, MSRP, unsure of dates, colors, eta, etc....
That's awesome, congrats!

Agreed, these dealerships need to get off their high horses and just please the customers. They are still making money at MSRP. No need to go $5K-$10K over for one car. So far there are a couple in MA that were legit, and I have contacted a couple others like Boch Toyota, that asked for $2,500 and non-refundable due to the limited quantity and exclusivity of the Supra. When briefly mentioning specs and some details about the car, they didn't even know the car was six cylinders and had an auto option. I am telling you I can't even make this stuff up...and yet they want to to trust them with my deposit...lol NOPE.

-V

084runnerltd

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I got word from a reliable source that Launch Editions will, at least initially, be produced with 50% of them in red, 25% black and 25% white.

Just wondering if anyone else has heard this or if there are any numbers that were published as to the breakdown of the exterior colors produced?

I guess it kinda of makes sense, as red is definitely Toyota’s favored color in advertisements. I am hoping for a white one, it seems my chances just got slimmer....

Villa Jonny

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Lexus [V8] RCF, Camry [V6] SE
Vehicle Showcase
Yikes.. those markups are pretty steep. I'm gonna have to sit this one out for a year or two and see where this goes. :confused:

Webweasel

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Celica GT4 ST205, A90 Supra
Vehicle Showcase
I think its bollocks in Europe, as those of us who put a deposit down could choose the colour of our car.

From what I have read on here about the USA market. Well... dunno what to say except the whole car market in the USA seems... to function poorly.

Edit:

Isn't the default colour for the cars the Yellow and all other paint types are optional and have a cost?

084runnerltd

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I think its bollocks in Europe, as those of us who put a deposit down could choose the colour of our car.

From what I have read on here about the USA market. Well... dunno what to say except the whole car market in the USA seems... to function poorly.

Edit:

Isn't the default colour for the cars the Yellow and all other paint types are optional and have a cost?

I don’t think there is a “default” color for us Americans....All of the colors are free, except for the “Phantom Matte Gray” which is $1,200 option.

However, the 1500 launch cars (in the US) are black, white or red.

Edit: Actually yellow is a 400.00 option.

Last edited: