Advertisement

US Launch Edition Supra details and images

Discussion in 'General Supra Topics' started by Guff, Jan 14, 2019.

?

Which one is everyone getting?

1. Launch Edition

27.4%
  2. Premium

54.8%
  3. Base

17.7%
  1. Supra Dupra

Supra Dupra Well-Known Member

Car(s):
    Supra MKV LE (Nocturnal Black)
    Liked:
    Garage Profiles:
    I've been working with Bimmercat to pull data relating to the launch edition vehicles from BMW, and they've kindly taken the time to assist in this endeavor. I used the list that was previously posted on this site with the VINs of all of the launch edition models of the 2020 Toyota GR Supra to come up with the below, which lists the VIN, production date and color of each of these vehicles. There are approximately 44 vehicles that are considered "launched edition" but that are not numbered (presumably these were cars for the press to review). This list also states the LE# (if known based on information from this website).

In terms of color, it looks like Renaissance Red (557) is the most common color, then Absolute Zero (502), then Nocturnal Black (482), and finally Phantom (2). The Phantom that was produced on February 6, 2019 was the one that sold for a couple of million at the auction, but I'm not sure what ever happened to the one that was produced on April 9, 2019.

For anyone interested, the data can be accessed in this Google Docs spreadsheet:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ls-8MSbNLBw9s0goKeggise1vRktPHIAGq541c0fdXY/edit?usp=sharing

2. Turbro

Turbro Well-Known Member

Car(s):
    94 Supra TT 6 Speed, 91 180sx 5 Speed, 15 FoST, 13 FoST
    Liked:
    Curious when will the other colors be added (non launch edition)? I’m def super interested in seeing overall production numbers of all models/colors/editions

3. Goose

Goose Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Michael
    Car(s):
    2013 FRS
    Liked:
    The other Phantom is at Hendrick Toyota, in Concord NC. One of Rick Hendrick's personal vehicles.

20191113_140655.jpg

4. bigcat

bigcat Well-Known Member

Car(s):
    Supra 3.0 Premium
    Liked:
    Fun fact, the matte gray finish aka "Phantom" is not available even in Japan market, only 24 Japanese customers who got lucky draw could get it.

Turbro likes this.
  5. splions

splions Well-Known Member

Car(s):
    Tacoma
    Liked:
    Mine was numbered 210 but is in the 700's on the list? Something doesn't make sense

6. s219

s219 Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Doc
    Car(s):
    BMW X3 M40i, BMW M2 Comp, Honda S2000
    Liked:
    There is no correlation between VIN, LE number, or position in the spreadsheet. LE numbers were assigned randomly by Toyota USA and are not related to production order or any sort of provenance. It's really just a limited edition trim package.

XtremeMaC and Supra Dupra like this.
  7. Supra Dupra

Supra Dupra Well-Known Member

Car(s):
    Supra MKV LE (Nocturnal Black)
    Liked:
    Garage Profiles:
    Precisely. For example, I called and spoke with the dealership in California that had LE#2 to confirm the VIN (they were charging $50,000 over MSRP for it but nobody was biting, so the owner picked it up for his family). It turns out that LE#2 was produced in June, which is pretty late in terms of LE production dates, and so it was nowhere near the 2nd Supra produced (even my LE, which is in the 1,000s, was even produced before it). I told this to the salesperson and he said that’s not true; I got a call back about a half hour later saying that they checked their system and sure enough, their LE#2 had the production date I had said it did, but they were unwilling to budge on price since #2 was still a special number nonetheless. I told them good luck with that and I hope the owner enjoys the car (I wasn’t looking to buy it anyway since I already had mine).o_O

8. splions

splions Well-Known Member

Car(s):
    Tacoma
    Liked:
    Thanks for the clarification!

9. Stuhagen

Stuhagen Member

Car(s):
    SupraMKiV-R35GTR
    Liked:

Only color I want is Phantom even if I have to wait another year...not sure if they will ramp up production of Phantom or only if an order is placed

10. Tkoch86

Tkoch86 Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Thomas
    Car(s):
    2016 FRS [Halo] now a Launch Edition GR Supra #1062
    Liked:
    Sales
    Garage Profiles:
    #1062/ Nocturnal Black/ Missouri

11. vb22

vb22 Well-Known Member

Car(s):
    SC300
    Liked:
    I just saw this on Youtube. It looks like a LE, but no black wheels and dash number.

12. jtsang25

jtsang25 Well-Known Member

Car(s):
    2009 BMW 135i, 2020 Toyota GR Supra
    Liked:
    Kelowna is in canada. The red on the mirrors arent even the same as the launch edition red. The roof is wrapped so things have been done to the car. Canada got red seats as an option.

Jabba and XtremeMaC like this.