Which one is everyone getting?

• Total voters

POS VETT

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 Tacoma SR 4X4 V6, '20 Terrain SLE, '11 370Z Sport, '9 Eclipse GS, 8 Corvette Z06
I've never heard of a dealer getting fined for marking up the price, not by Toyota or the state. Also remember that most dealers are losing money selling Camrys and Corollas so having a chance to actually sell a car at MSRP is an unusual thing these days.
My dealership doesn't lose money selling Corolla and Camry. Losing money selling those would be a bad business model. Selling a new car, any car, below MSRP doesn't mean there is no profit to be made,
Sponsored

Heywood220

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
13 FR-S, 22 Tundra, 93 325i
Consider yourself lucky then, get close to Chicago and dealers there will start negotiations on some models at $1500 under invoice. Yes there are other ways to make a profit, fully aware of that but doesn't make it any easier when you start in a hole.

As a rule my dealership won't mark over sticker, but making a point of why some might. Not every area is the same.

BigTeamBattles

First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra LE
Vehicle Showcase
Is the July 22nd release only for Launch editions or is the first US batches of 3.0 premium be in the July 22nd release group?

angrytoddler

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Red LE Supra MKV, Toyota FJ Cruiser, Ford Explorer Sport
Anyone know if there is any difference between the RED LE Black seats and the Premium black seats?

Just curious as a RED LE owner.

oakleyguy

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
URJ200, UZJ100, FZJ80
To understanding, the Black seats in the LE are the same as in the Premium models.

You Drive

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra Red LE, C8 Corvette Z51 Torch Red, M3C
Red LE didn’t get the red. Should have imo

Manny

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota 86 & Lexus RC F
I taught the red interior looked great in photos then I saw it in person and was glad I scored a red LE. The red used looks ok but not great imo.

Supra Dupra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MKV LE (Nocturnal Black)
Vehicle Showcase
I taught the red interior looked great in photos then I saw it in person and was glad I scored a red LE. The red used looks ok but not great imo.
I almost wouldn't even call it red from what it looks like in person. It seems almost more maroon-y or something darker than a traditional "red." I still think it goes well with the black / white so I'm glad it has it but it is definitely an interesting color.

tedan628

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2015 Sti, 2005 Forester XT
Limited edition can come with black interior if you ordered it in black

angrytoddler

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Red LE Supra MKV, Toyota FJ Cruiser, Ford Explorer Sport
I guess I should clarify - Do the Launch Edition Seats (whether red or black) have any differences than Premium seats? (Other than color)

Are there any other easter eggs for the launch edition besides the rims, mirror caps and numbered plate? I have a Red LE and just curious if there is anything I am missing.

A70TTR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ST205 GT4, JZA70, JZA70 TT-R, S210 Athlete
no, there is not a lot that separates an LE from a regular Premium other than a few small aesthetic touches (colors/plaque).

acadapter

First Name
A.C.
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Tesla Model X
Not having the red seats inside the RR2.0 was a smart move. Just like the above posted said, the seats are too much of a different shade. I am definitely happy with black seats in my LE.

A red that would have worked would have been the Audi Lava Red.

Supra Dupra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MKV LE (Nocturnal Black)
Vehicle Showcase
So... I'm a lawyer, not a programmer, but I am kind of familiar with some basics of programming and if there's someone who could whip together some sort of a data scraper I think that we may be able to pull the necessary data from bimmercat.com. I've added a column with a link to each car's specific profile page under the "VIN List" tab. I tried pulling the data with a macro in Excel that utilizes the pull from web feature to loop through and grab the data for each VIN, but it was getting stuck because you still have to click the "Search" button to make Bimmercat display the info. Basically, if someone could create a program that loops through rows 2~1545 and is able to dump the production date and color for each VIN into an Excel file, we could have a really great resource. If someone is able to pull even just the raw data (i.e., the entire table for each VIN and not just specific rows) and throw that into an Excel file I'd be able to further go through with a macro and extract everything and add it to the worksheet.

In terms of colors, I think that they are as follows:

Colors
Phantom = GRAU METALLIC MATT (C3A)
Nocturnal Black = BLACK SAPPHIRE METALLIC (475)
Absolute Zero = MINERALWEISS METALLIC (A96)
Renaissance Red 2.0 = KARMESINROT (A61)

Alternatively, since we have a lot of people on this website, we could divide up the work and each tackle a certain number of rows manually to figure it out in case we don't have anyone on here who could automate this process with some code.

JggyMKV

First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota
So... I'm a lawyer, not a programmer, but I am kind of familiar with some basics of programming and if there's someone who could whip together some sort of a data scraper I think that we may be able to pull the necessary data from bimmercat.com. I've added a column with a link to each car's specific profile page under the "VIN List" tab. I tried pulling the data with a macro in Excel that utilizes the pull from web feature to loop through and grab the data for each VIN, but it was getting stuck because you still have to click the "Search" button to make Bimmercat display the info. Basically, if someone could create a program that loops through rows 2~1545 and is able to dump the production date and color for each VIN into an Excel file, we could have a really great resource. If someone is able to pull even just the raw data (i.e., the entire table for each VIN and not just specific rows) and throw that into an Excel file I'd be able to further go through with a macro and extract everything and add it to the worksheet.

In terms of colors, I think that they are as follows:

Colors
Phantom = GRAU METALLIC MATT (C3A)
Nocturnal Black = BLACK SAPPHIRE METALLIC (475)
Absolute Zero = MINERALWEISS METALLIC (A96)
Renaissance Red 2.0 = KARMESINROT (A61)

Alternatively, since we have a lot of people on this website, we could divide up the work and each tackle a certain number of rows manually to figure it out in case we don't have anyone on here who could automate this process with some code.
Let's do whatever this guy just said Awesome. I think there is a sticky forum for registering launch #s.
Sponsored