Vorshlag camber plate debacle

Lordhowe

First Name
HG
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Yaris
I recently had a shop install a set of Vorshlag camber plates on my stock strut/spring. The first issue I ran into is that the supplied strut tower bolt was cut with non-centering tools (one side of the threads was sharp while the other side was flat). The shop was able to clean the threads enough to make this work.
I notified Jason from Vorshlag and he quickly verified the issue with his machinist and they ended up throwing away a big batch of the bolt. He, however, refused to compensate me in any way for the additional shop labor which I had to pay. Okay, I will live with that one...

The latest issue is that while turning the wheel all the way to the left, I hear a binding noise. Upon further examination, I noticed that the spring would not spin as it should when the wheel locks out. It would spin half an inch at a time very abruptly and unwillingly. Additionally, with the car on the lift and the suspension unloaded, I could spin the spring an inch or so with a bit of force. I should also mention that I do not hear any clunking sound, as one would expect from a loose strut tower bolt.

Spoke to Jason again and he said it most likely is a bad bearing. I will be sending some additional videos for him to help troubleshoot remotely. When I asked about a quick swap out, he said no and gave me 2 options instead: 1). he will send me a new bearing where I have to pay the shop to press it in or 2). send back the unit and he will replace the bearing in the shop.

Questions:
Is that normal? Has anyone had this issue before? While Jason is an excellent source of technical advice, I'm a bit disappointed with how this is handled. This is typical with Vorshlag?
Sponsored

reNeglect

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota GR Supra, 2017 BMW X5
I recently had a shop install a set of Vorshlag camber plates on my stock strut/spring. The first issue I ran into is that the supplied strut tower bolt was cut with non-centering tools (one side of the threads was sharp while the other side was flat). The shop was able to clean the threads enough to make this work.
I notified Jason from Vorshlag and he quickly verified the issue with his machinist and they ended up throwing away a big batch of the bolt. He, however, refused to compensate me in any way for the additional shop labor which I had to pay. Okay, I will live with that one...

The latest issue is that while turning the wheel all the way to the left, I hear a binding noise. Upon further examination, I noticed that the spring would not spin as it should when the wheel locks out. It would spin half an inch at a time very abruptly and unwillingly. Additionally, with the car on the lift and the suspension unloaded, I could spin the spring an inch or so with a bit of force. I should also mention that I do not hear any clunking sound, as one would expect from a loose strut tower bolt.

Spoke to Jason again and he said it most likely is a bad bearing. I will be sending some additional videos for him to help troubleshoot remotely. When I asked about a quick swap out, he said no and gave me 2 options instead: 1). he will send me a new bearing where I have to pay the shop to press it in or 2). send back the unit and he will replace the bearing in the shop.

Questions:
Is that normal? Has anyone had this issue before? While Jason is an excellent source of technical advice, I'm a bit disappointed with how this is handled. This is typical with Vorshlag?
Sorry to hear about your experience... I'm glad Verus engineering came out with Camber plates/top hats....