Warming up

DEATHDRUG

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 3.0 premium Supra
Well so the story goes cold wet night out there. I just left work so my car wasn’t exactly properly warmed up, when an m3 pulls up on me at the light. Couldn’t help myself I had to let her rip. Only have 400 miles left n my car. How bad is it for my car that I did this? Won’t do it again, but hopefully this one time thing isn’t too detrimental. Let me know what you guys think. Happy driving everyone.
Sponsored

gixxersixxerman

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Well so the story goes cold wet night out there. I just left work so my car wasn’t exactly properly warmed up, when an m3 pulls up on me at the light. Couldn’t help myself I had to let her rip. Only have 400 miles left n my car. How bad is it for my car that I did this? Won’t do it again, but hopefully this one time thing isn’t too detrimental. Let me know what you guys think. Happy driving everyone.
You’ll be fine, it’s not something I’d do on a regular basis. But not everyone warms up their cars properly (and I don’t mean 10-15-20 mins idling) and rips them. If you ever get a chance to see dyno engine testing, you’d be shocked (maybe) at what they do to these engines. There was a video during 2gen coyote testing that was like -20* and they started the engine and immediately went to redline. There isn’t really anything you would do to your engine/car that hasn’t already been tested to make sure it would pass in just about every conceivable way you can think of.

JP_

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra Jarama Racetrack Edition
You'll be alright, redlined a few times in the break in period myself, no issues, 2021. Just don't do it lots

humblemoto

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 A91, '07 E60 M5, '19 Panigale V4S
Congratulations! You won’t have excess oil consumption due to blow-by now! Very important to let things warm up correctly, that doesn’t mean you should drive it hard the first few miles.

Supraluv

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra premium , Z4 Coupe , 2002 MRoadster
I think you are ok. I hit redline numerous times during break in period but it was always up to temp.
I have 1500 miles now and the oil level hasn`t moved at all.