Warning about Tirerack and some wheels that say they fit the Supra

kiroshino

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 WRX STI
Wow. So, you'll need to bring the F3's to the tire shop so that they can unmount and mount the tires on the Sparco's. And, separately, get the calipers repaired assuming they'll cover it. :/

It will be about eight days between when you first reached out to Tire Rack and when the new wheels will be installed? Just trying to gauge how long it will take for me.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Ultimateone

Ultimateone

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
AW A90
Wow. So, you'll need to bring the F3's to the tire shop so that they can unmount and mount the tires on the Sparco's. And, separately, get the calipers repaired assuming they'll cover it. :/

It will be about eight days between when you first reached out to Tire Rack and when the new wheels will be installed? Just trying to gauge how long it will take for me.
Correct, I did not want to do this but they basically said this is it. I contacted them last Saturday and today the wheels were delivered BUT I still have to wait to even see the wheels on the car till Sunday.

kiroshino

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 WRX STI
That's a real PITA. Keep us posted with how it goes.

OP
OP
Ultimateone

Ultimateone

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
AW A90
Update:
Sparco wheels fit great, tons of space between the brake calipers. Now I have to get reimbursed for the 160 I just spent on my own from Tirerack and now deal with getting my calipers fixed. Helluva Sunday.

kiroshino

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 WRX STI
Your car makes those wheels look good. :D

Definitely a lot better looking than I was expecting based on the stock pics on Tire Rack.

OP
OP
Ultimateone

Ultimateone

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
AW A90
Your car makes those wheels look good. :D

Definitely a lot better looking than I was expecting based on the stock pics on Tire Rack.
Yeah the good thing is because of the specs it has more of a concave fitment which makes them look pretty good which I'm glad because I was really nervous.

kiroshino

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 WRX STI
Heard back from Tire Rack.

They're going to process it like a return. They're shipping me the packaging and are coordinating the pick up. Once they receive and inspect it, they'll issue the refund.

I have a car that I can borrow, so I'll probably wait for the refund (assuming it comes soon) before ordering a replacement set.

OP
OP
Ultimateone

Ultimateone

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
AW A90
Heard back from Tire Rack.

They're going to process it like a return. They're shipping me the packaging and are coordinating the pick up. Once they receive and inspect it, they'll issue the refund.

I have a car that I can borrow, so I'll probably wait for the refund (assuming it comes soon) before ordering a replacement set.
Good, they originally sent me out the same stuff and was going to get a 19" set but preferred the 18" wheel and tires for the winter. Hopefully they fix your situation. I sent them my invoice for Firestone and they asked me questions about it but I haven't been reimbursed at all yet. It's so excruciating slow dealing with Tirerack

digicidal

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2020 RX350, 2007 4Runner
What size are the tires? Must be a weird optical illusion but those fronts look larger than the rears - like more sidewall in the pic. BTW those Sparcos actually look pretty nice to me! :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Ultimateone

Ultimateone

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
AW A90
What size are the tires? Must be a weird optical illusion but those fronts look larger than the rears - like more sidewall in the pic. BTW those Sparcos actually look pretty nice to me! :thumbsup:
255/40/18 all around

OP
OP
Ultimateone

Ultimateone

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
AW A90
How is this working? It seems like it is one of the more affordable set ups on tire rack.
So far so good, I always run a lower size wheel if I can to then run a taller tire during the winter month when the roads get bad.

kiroshino

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 WRX STI
Quick update:

10/21 - First contacted Tire Rack about fitment issue
10/23 - Tire Rack requested more details and pictures of issue. I responded
10/26 - Tire Rack ordered return packaging
10/28 - Return packaging received. Reached out to customer service to schedule pickup
10/29 - Pickup was scheduled
10/30 - Wheels were picked up
11/02 - Wheels were delivered
11/04 - Return processed as a "DID NOT LIKE OR NEED Claim"
11/06 - Full amount refunded

So, just over two weeks from initial contact to refund.

Now, I need to find some winter wheels again. Unfortunately, it appears that winter tire options are a bit limited at the moment. :(
Sponsored