Wheel spacers

Bug2th

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 A91-CF, 1998 GSX
Did some searching but didn’t find answers but are spacers (10/13)mainly cosmetic or does the additional inch-ish help in cornering. Mainly for stock setup that might see a couple of track days. Do they affect suspension such it needs tuning? Anything else to consider?

TIA
Sponsored

Mr. Jonathan

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
20'Supra 3.0 premium; AA DP; AS Intk; MBRP Ex; JB4
Read you shouldn't track with spacers (safety).

monkahead

First Name
Artur
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MkV MY23 B48B20 (30i)
Did some searching but didn’t find answers but are spacers (10/13)mainly cosmetic or does the additional inch-ish help in cornering.
Have you installed such spacer and can share pictures?

kaj

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
Read you shouldn't track with spacers (safety).
Not universally true.

OP: spaces are fine if you need them to make your wheels clear components such as brakes, struts, etc.
I, personaly, wouldn't put them on for aesthetic reasons because I'd rather keep things simple, but it won't hurt anything.
Unless you're going with a ridiculous white spacer, you will not notice any difference in performance for the better or worse.
Do not use spacers that come with their own studs. Get extended studs and use a regular, of centric spacer.
Motorsports and drift teams use spacers all day long.

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium; VA STI; MK7 GOLF-R; etc..
My Supra has had mild spacers on factory wheels since like day 5.. My Golf-R has had spacers for 7 years. The trick is to get the correct spacer and the longer studs for them.

I can notice changes in bias when spacers are over 10mm.. But under 10mm I can't really tell and mostly aesthetic. It's not like I'm out there time attacking the streets :crazy: so it's 100% aesthetic.

alan7467

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra 3.0 Premium
I’ve got spacers on, but for my winter setup. Wheels are 8.5” square and needed 10 and 13mm spacers to get close to the factory position on the outside

It's not like I'm out there time attacking the streets :crazy: so it's 100% aesthetic.
The idiot with the Supra around the corner from me is. Wish he’d stop treating the neighborhood like a racetrack. Don’t want people getting us confused and thinking it’s me.
Sponsored