OP
OP
OneTimeAccount

OneTimeAccount

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium - Turbulance Gray
I just got some Swift springs. Tried searching for install instructions and didn't find any because I am wondering if I am supposed to trim the bump stop. I heard some have, so I did. Well, further googling led to me finding out that that on other vehicles, they recommend keeping the stock bump stop height.

Anyone else here install Swift spring and if so, did you trim the bump stop? So far I have one installed with a trimmed bump stop.

Also mine came without any silencer so I'm wondering if I will be hearing a lot of rattling now.
Sponsored

OP
OP
OneTimeAccount

OneTimeAccount

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Okay so Iā€™m pretty upset because I just found out Swift designs their springs with the bump stops in OEM form, not trimmed. I trimmed my two front ones.

I left the rear bump stops as is. Any one know where I can find replacement bump stops? I have a track day the 11th. Would like to get them in before then.

Msoupe

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0, Civic Hatch, C10 Pickup
Okay so Iā€™m pretty upset because I just found out Swift designs their springs with the bump stops in OEM form, not trimmed. I trimmed my two front ones.

I left the rear bump stops as is. Any one know where I can find replacement bump stops? I have a track day the 11th. Would like to get them in before then.
Might be tough getting bumpstops from Toyota parts department in time. You might luck out at the BMW dealerships getting a G29 Z4 front bumpstop:
https://www.bmwpartsdirect.com/oem-...0PW00MGktZmlyc3QtZWRpdGlvbiZlPTMtMGwtbDYtZ2Fz
No guarantee it's the same exact one as the Supra but maybe.

When I first drove my car with the Swift springs (OE Bumpstops untouched), I felt like the rear was bottoming out quite a bit. When measuring load lengths on the rear shock at ride height, it was indeed into the bumpstops by about an inch. I got shorter bumpstops and boots from Eibach to gain some travel back. Made a huge difference in ride quality and performance.

I haven't measured the front travel yet, but I do not currently feel like the travel is compromised by the lowering with uncut OE bumpstops. It may be engaging the front bumpstops as well, but it feels like it is adding to the overall front rate versus simply creating a hard travel limit like the rear felt. So for now, I'm leaving the front bumpstops alone.

OP
OP
OneTimeAccount

OneTimeAccount

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Might be tough getting bumpstops from Toyota parts department in time. You might luck out at the BMW dealerships getting a G29 Z4 front bumpstop:
https://www.bmwpartsdirect.com/oem-...0PW00MGktZmlyc3QtZWRpdGlvbiZlPTMtMGwtbDYtZ2Fz
No guarantee it's the same exact one as the Supra but maybe.

When I first drove my car with the Swift springs (OE Bumpstops untouched), I felt like the rear was bottoming out quite a bit. When measuring load lengths on the rear shock at ride height, it was indeed into the bumpstops by about an inch. I got shorter bumpstops and boots from Eibach to gain some travel back. Made a huge difference in ride quality and performance.

I haven't measured the front travel yet, but I do not currently feel like the travel is compromised by the lowering with uncut OE bumpstops. It may be engaging the front bumpstops as well, but it feels like it is adding to the overall front rate versus simply creating a hard travel limit like the rear felt. So for now, I'm leaving the front bumpstops alone.
You win! Thank you for posting that. I was able to get a couple overnighted to a local BMW dealership and I will be picking them up in the next couple days! They look exactly the same and should work perfectly.

Now if I can only figure out what's causing the front right to rattle... Hard to describe the sound, it's not a low end thunk or clunk, but a tap sound, not quite a high pitch click though. It doesn't happen everytime I go over a bump, and large bumps don't always make it rattle. Sometimes even a small bump will do it.

I noticed the boot is squshed a bit, but I ensured everything was properly aligned when putting it back into the mount. When I get the bump stops, I will make sure the bearing assembly is put back together corrently (which I am pretty sure it is). Attached is a photo of how the rubber boot looks when there's some load on it.

Attachments

OP
OP
OneTimeAccount

OneTimeAccount

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Just picked the BMW bump stops up. At first inspection they feel stiffer than the Supraā€™s. Iā€™ll confirm if my findings are right when I install them.

Iā€™m no expert but I wouldnā€™t think a slightly stiffer front bump stop would make any negative difference.

OP
OP
OneTimeAccount

OneTimeAccount

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
New bump stops and studs installed along with new wheels with 12mm spacers in front. Car rides great, no rattles.

Unfortunately the front tire rubs very slightly upon compression. Running 275/40-18 squared. Not sure if I can get any more negative camber up front with stock parts. If so, I am not sure what I could even adjust to do it myself!

Attached are a couple photos of the wheels and tires. I know, I know... Close up photo of wheel doesn't have center cap installed yet ?

IMG_2718.jpg

IMG_2715.jpg

Okvilln

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Toyota Supra | 20' Audi S5 SB | 11' R8
Looks good. Have the rears settled yet?
Sponsored