window issues

iceman600

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
4runner Type R Supra MKV
Im having issues with my stealership regarding any repairs or issues with my car. first was the CE regarding emissions that they cant figure out now its the windows not rolling up when you close the door
1f622.png

Here is what they told me… Hi Gerald, we are done with the service. I had the technician inspect the window and it looks like the window lost its initialization. We suspect the window tint cause the computer to get thrown off. Weird I know but this is in fact the case. We cannot successfully initialize the windows at this time. The vehicle is not taking the reset. This will not be under warranty if we proceed with the work
----
1f621.png
1f92c.png
Sponsored

Quinn

First Name
Quinn
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Cu A91MT, 02 Spec E46, 04 Sequoia
That sounds impossible that bog standard window tint film could possibly have caused such an error. I'm sure nearly all of us have window tint. What dealership?

STi_to_GRzupra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 GR Supra MT Premium, 2021 4Runner TRD Pro
Im having issues with my stealership regarding any repairs or issues with my car. first was the CE regarding emissions that they cant figure out now its the windows not rolling up when you close the door
1f622.png

Here is what they told me… Hi Gerald, we are done with the service. I had the technician inspect the window and it looks like the window lost its initialization. We suspect the window tint cause the computer to get thrown off. Weird I know but this is in fact the case. We cannot successfully initialize the windows at this time. The vehicle is not taking the reset. This will not be under warranty if we proceed with the work
----
1f621.png
1f92c.png
Wow, this is crazy, window tint? Really?

Most dealers will sell it and even obligate you to pay for the tint that they already put on the cars.

bokchoy

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MK5
I got charged $600 dealership fee for their window tint which was poorly done! I went to a proper tint shop, and got the car re-tinted. Haven’t had any issues with a dark tint throwing anything off on my Supra

Tribeq

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra, 2015 A3
1f622.png

----
1f621.png
1f92c.png
Find another dealer and drop their name here so anyone else in their area knows not to bother going. “The window tint is throwing it off” my ass.
Sponsored