Yellow Park Light Flashing

Enigmus

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Scion FRS
Hey Everyone my park light indicator is constantly flashing yellow.

The issue started after the battery was being drained dead. It's not a good idea to fusetap hardwire a dashcam into fuse F273 (12 V Socket/Cigarette Lighter). I had to charge the battery with a CTEK charger but the yellow Park indicator still flashes after whenever I disengage the parking brake.
Everything works fine and I don't see any DTC errors to clear. I pulled and checked fuses F28 & F32 and they're fine. I've checked Bimmerworld and ran into dead ends.
Has anyone else had any issues with this indicator light?

241629324_585868742550674_4402688172214531015_n.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP

Enigmus

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Scion FRS
Did you use a battery pack for your dash cam?
No I didn't, I assumed the 12v cigarette socket would only power the dashcam off after 5 minutes. THe hardwire kit even had a voltage shut off. I did remove the entire dashcam until I properly run it directly from the battery via a relay. I still have the issue after recharging the battery and disconnecting it for an hour.

consultadrone

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
No I didn't, I assumed the 12v cigarette socket would only power the dashcam off after 5 minutes. THe hardwire kit even had a voltage shut off. I did remove the entire dashcam until I properly run it directly from the battery via a relay. I still have the issue after recharging the battery and disconnecting it for an hour.
Interesting. I used the same fuse for my dash cam but I used a battery pack which only requires a switched and a ground and no constant power. Almost 2 years and it seems to be just fine. To be honest I rarely use the parking brake but on the rare occasions I do it hasn’t had a problem.

I wonder if you need to re-register your battery

Khysor

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota supra mk5 3.0
Did you find a solution? Just happened to me atm. Left town for a month and forgot to unplug my dash cam and I ended up recharging the battery when I got back. Brake works perfectly fine, however it’s constantly flashing while driving. :(

sgr215

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Supra
I realize this is an old thread but I'm getting the same blinking park light after my battery going dead. Anyone know of the fix?
Sponsored