Burkano

First Name
Burkano
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 Manual CU Grey
Hey everyone,

I’ve got a 2023 A91-MT, and I’m running a Catless downpipe, magnaflow exhaust, and a cold air intake. I also had the ECU partially unlocked by Femto and I’m running BM3 Stage 2 91 tune.

Currently my clutch is slipping when doing hard pulls and I need to replace the clutch.

Im trying to see what options I have for aftermarket clutches but from what I can tell the market is pretty limited. I’m not looking for a 1000 HP rated dual disk clutch. I’m looking for something to handle around 700 torque maybe at most, as I will probably only do flex fuel with port injection and E-85 tune.

I’m not tracking the car either so a spring clutch would probably be best from what I’ve been reading online

I’m looking for recommendations on opinions and options, or if someone has experience and can recommend something that would be great.

Also, should I do an aluminum or steel flywheel?

I don’t have any experience in this topic as I have never replaced a clutch for something aftermarket in any of the manual cars I’ve driven before as I left them all stock.

Thanks
Sponsored

Mayday

First Name
Nayef
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra
I’ve the same issue as you. I got 2023 A91-MT and I’m running catless, single exhaust, cold air intake and charge pipe. also, I’m running bm3 stage 2 91 and I’m in between a UNI clutch or Clutch Masters FX1000, I know it’s overkill for choosing Clutch Masters but waiting for some advices here.

Tacoma714

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra A91 CU Later Grey, 2015 Taccoma, 2013 A
I’ve the same issue as you. I got 2023 A91-MT and I’m running catless, single exhaust, cold air intake and charge pipe. also, I’m running bm3 stage 2 91 and I’m in between a UNI clutch or Clutch Masters FX1000, I know it’s overkill for choosing Clutch Masters but waiting for some advices here.
There aren’t a lot of options yet from the aftermarket. ACT made a clutch for T.J. Hunt when he cooked his MKV’s clutch but ACT said they don’t offer one for sale yet. I’ve read that the Uni Clutch’s dual disc approach is outdated, but some articles say it’s worth it. The only thing I know about Clutchmaster’s are the YouTube reviews and videos. My local shop told me to say away from them, but I’m not sure if they were trying to steer me or just had a couple bad Clutchmaster experiences and labeled the brand as not worth it. My local shop only works on BMWs and in this case a lot of MKVs. They recommend Specc clutches but when I called the rep said they don’t make MKV/Z4 clutches yet. I’m really confused what to get.

lucky phil

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra GTS 2024 MT, Kia Stonic GT, Mazda CX5 GT SP
This

OP
OP

Burkano

First Name
Burkano
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 Manual CU Grey
There aren’t a lot of options yet from the aftermarket. ACT made a clutch for T.J. Hunt when he cooked his MKV’s clutch but ACT said they don’t offer one for sale yet. I’ve read that the Uni Clutch’s dual disc approach is outdated, but some articles say it’s worth it. The only thing I know about Clutchmaster’s are the YouTube reviews and videos. My local shop told me to say away from them, but I’m not sure if they were trying to steer me or just had a couple bad Clutchmaster experiences and labeled the brand as not worth it. My local shop only works on BMWs and in this case a lot of MKVs. They recommend Specc clutches but when I called the rep said they don’t make MKV/Z4 clutches yet. I’m really confused what to get.
I don’t think that they make a UniClutch for the Supra, I tried looking everywhere and I can’t seem to find it.

from what I see clutch masters is the only option with their FXSS400 6-puck or 8-puck, and their FX500SS other than the 1000.

digicidal

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2020 RX350, 2007 4Runner
I don’t think that they make a UniClutch for the Supra, I tried looking everywhere and I can’t seem to find it.

from what I see clutch masters is the only option with their FXSS400 6-puck or 8-puck, and their FX500SS other than the 1000.
While they don't make one that's exactly for it (guessing it would be about a 9" assembly) and the 10" standard won't fit the bell housing... they do make an 8" version which does fit. Same guys ran both the Sport and Track version of it.

AJRMKV

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Manual Supra
Everyone I know of who bought a single disk clutch upgrade for this car was unhappy with the weight and feel.

I have the FX1000, still in the break in process. First 100 miles was stiff, but now it's starting to feel really nice. Can definitely live with it. Engagement point is a little high for my taste though

lucky phil

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
While they don't make one that's exactly for it (guessing it would be about a 9" assembly) and the 10" standard won't fit the bell housing... they do make an 8" version which does fit. Same guys ran both the Sport and Track version of it.

In the first video they fitted an 8 inch clutch because the 10 in wouldn't fit they said then in a later vid they removed the 8 in and fitted a " track" 10 inch unit. :dunno:

Phil

lucky phil

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Everyone I know of who bought a single disk clutch upgrade for this car was unhappy with the weight and feel.

I have the FX1000, still in the break in process. First 100 miles was stiff, but now it's starting to feel really nice. Can definitely live with it. Engagement point is a little high for my taste though
It's feeling nicer because your left leg muscles are getting stronger;)

Sharocks

First Name
Sha
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 A91 MT, 04 M3, 05 M3, 00 M5, 00 Z3M, 04 X5 6MT
Surprised that the F10 550i/M5 Clutch doesn't work for this.

digicidal

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2020 RX350, 2007 4Runner
In the first video they fitted an 8 inch clutch because the 10 in wouldn't fit they said then in a later vid they removed the 8 in and fitted a " track" 10 inch unit. :dunno:

Phil
No, they fitted the 8" track version... he comments that the 8" version is only rated up to 1320nm vs. the 10" track version being rated at 2000nm. ~6 min in on that video. I can see how it could be confusing however. There are 2-3 versions at each size, the difference being materials and design changing holding and damping capabilities.

KahnBB6

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'93 Lexus SC300 2JZGTE R154 LSD & 2023 GR86 6MT
Does OS Giken make any twin or triple disc clutches for the MKV yet? And for that level of torque?

I love the OSG twin disc I have in my SC300. They've got to have something developed for these cars by now.

The Uniclutch product has caught my attention for Supra MKIV applications but I haven't yet heard of them expanding their offerings to the Supra MKV's manual transmission yet. Hopefully they will.

Kroberter

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91MT Supra, 95 Rx7,67 Corvette 427ci
Waiting for a good option here as well. I don’t want a hydraulic bearing change or some uniclutch universal fit adaptor thingy that ruins the stock feel. I just want a higher quality material stock geometry disc that can take more abuse and hold 150 more torque. Where’s all the excedy, ACT, OSG, ECS, Spec stage 1 sprung discs at?
I can’t imagine BMW engineered the single disc clutch/pressure plate to the absolute limit within this bellhousing…. Or did they?

BrettMRC

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 GR Supra, Defender, Rx400h
Hey everyone,

I’ve got a 2023 A91-MT, and I’m running a Catless downpipe, magnaflow exhaust, and a cold air intake. I also had the ECU partially unlocked by Femto and I’m running BM3 Stage 2 91 tune.

Currently my clutch is slipping when doing hard pulls and I need to replace the clutch.

Im trying to see what options I have for aftermarket clutches but from what I can tell the market is pretty limited. I’m not looking for a 1000 HP rated dual disk clutch. I’m looking for something to handle around 700 torque maybe at most, as I will probably only do flex fuel with port injection and E-85 tune.

I’m not tracking the car either so a spring clutch would probably be best from what I’ve been reading online

I’m looking for recommendations on opinions and options, or if someone has experience and can recommend something that would be great.

Also, should I do an aluminum or steel flywheel?

I don’t have any experience in this topic as I have never replaced a clutch for something aftermarket in any of the manual cars I’ve driven before as I left them all stock.

Thanks
How many miles on the car before you did the tune?
How many miles post tune before it started slipping?
Sponsored