2023 MT Supra vs 2023 AT Supra

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
but keyboard racing is the best way to be faster on track.
I absolutely love mine! Fun as šŸ’© Canā€˜t believe Toyota made these bad boyEEs. No brainer in either form.

I still donā€™t get how they did it $10k cheaper than the Z4. Not complaining, just sayin.
Sponsored

Last edited:

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
That one's easy - the Z4 Interior leaves us for dead.
Admittedly I actually love the Z4, if I wasnā€™t going for a mainly track car. Iā€™ve never looked inside the Z4. But will take your word for it. Sheā€™s stunning outside imo. Since I could only buy one additional play toy, between the weight & price - the Supra was a win win - for mešŸ„‡

BMWAF

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
'23 Supra; '08 Civic Type R; '91 VN Commodore.
Admittedly I actually love the Z4, if I wasnā€™t going for a mainly track car. Iā€™ve never looked inside the Z4. But will take your word for it. Sheā€™s stunning outside imo. Since I could only buy one additional play toy, between the weight & price - the Supra was a win win - for mešŸ„‡
The Supra interior is nice, but the current model BMWs are just next level.

OP
OP
AJRMKV

AJRMKV

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Manual Supra
Update:

Ran a 2020 MHD OTS stage 2 map Supra at the track with catless downpipe, intake and tune.

Race was from a roll on a strip

Run was from 50 - 130, the MHD Supra pulled 1.5 - 2 cars. I forgot to ask if it was the 91 map but the owner was surprised that he didnā€™t pull more. Traction might have been an issue for him but he was running a 200tw tire, I forgot which brand.

Maybe it pulls timing like the JB4 car because of bad fuel?

Last edited:

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Update:

Ran a 2020 MHD OTS stage 2 map Supra at the track with catless downpipe, intake and tune.

Run was from 50 - 130, the MHD Supra pulled 1.5 - 2 cars. I forgot to ask if it was the 91 map but the owner was surprised that he didnā€™t pull more. Traction might have been an issue for him but he was running a 200tw tire, I forgot which brand.

Maybe it pulls timing like the JB4 car because of bad fuel?
What kind of track? Perhaps he was a faster driver?

Andrew4Supra

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 / 2018 Mercedes GLC43 / 2016 VW GTI
i think if you set the interior quality to toyota level, the supra is actually pretty nice.
~ I wish the leather seat material was higher end... truly feels like an industrial vinyl imo.

The performance and exterior looks more than make up for it.

kaj

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
~ I wish the leather seat material was higher end... truly feels like an industrial vinyl imo.

Base model seats are sweet. I wouldn't trade them for anything other than something with a fixed back (which I finally had to do).
Hard to beat Alcantera.

lucky phil

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra GTS 2024 MT, Kia Stonic GT, Mazda CX5 GT SP
Driving a manual is about "engagement" not absolute speed anymore. In the hands of the average to above average skilled driver my money would be on the auto being faster on the track or the strip.
Here's one of my favourite in car videos. Big V8 bellowing away, manual gearbox (and the odd fluffed shift) a hellishly valuable GT40 in the wet and driving it like a man just because he can and he's an amazing driver. Kenny Brack, Goodwood in the wet, the antidote to boring track day vidoes.

Phil

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Driving a manual is about "engagement" not absolute speed anymore. In the hands of the average to above average skilled driver my money would be on the auto being faster on the track or the strip.
Here's one of my favourite in car videos. Big V8 bellowing away, manual gearbox (and the odd fluffed shift) a hellishly valuable GT40 in the wet and driving it like a man just because he can and he's an amazing driver. Kenny Brack, Goodwood in the wet, the antidote to boring track day vidoes.

Phil
Thatā€™s insane driving in the rain! I feel like such a grandma šŸ‘µ after watching that. He reminds me of the longest winning MX5 driver John Dean. Amazing what skill those guys have in any car or condition!

I do like how durable they are with my sweat from gym or track. Very easy to scrub off marks as well. My wife and I used to order BMWs with the ā€œpleatherā€ šŸ˜‚. Forgo the feel for wear and tear.
Sponsored