3rd gen G29 BMW Z4 (2019-202X)

gymratter

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Silver Spur & F-150
i thought this was suppose to preview the new Z.

BMW_Zagato-Roadster-01.jpg
Sponsored

Craigy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M3, Lexus GX
In theory Toyota could show their car at Pebble too. FT1 was displayed on the concept car lawn, but it didn't debut there.

Funny how since the last interview where the guy said "it was never going to be called Z5" they're all correcting themselves to Z4. The Z5 speculation just kept getting hashed and rehashed to the point it became accepted as fact.

Looking forward to what August holds.

Supra93

Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra & RX7
In theory Toyota could show their car at Pebble too.

Looking forward to what August holds.
I doubt BMW would want Toyota to steal the limelight from the Z. Same, I hope the new Z4 is better looking like the E85 rather than the E89.

Craigy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M3, Lexus GX

Supra93

Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra & RX7
I may get get flamed for this, but I think BMW had the best designs during the Bangle era.

HKz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
FRS
I may get get flamed for this, but I think BMW had the best designs during the Bangle era.
I get their dilemma, they want their designs to be as "BMW" as possible but as a result they look so rehashed..they rarely step outside their own boundaries nor do they at least attempt to play around with the kidney grills. To be fair though, I think the i8 looks awesome and is a good sign for the future of BMW if their designs are going to get a little more radical.

vb22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
SC300
According to this the Z will go into production in 11/2018.

2018-BMW-Z4-Int-Spy-3.jpg

Supra93

Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra & RX7
I get their dilemma, they want their designs to be as "BMW" as possible but as a result they look so rehashed..they rarely step outside their own boundaries nor do they at least attempt to play around with the kidney grills. To be fair though, I think the i8 looks awesome and is a good sign for the future of BMW if their designs are going to get a little more radical.
Agree, and their new 7 and 5 looks more like a facelift rather than a total redesign. I don't love the i8, but it is something different.

HeRXji1.png

sM0zNqM.png

Last edited:

vb22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
SC300
Last edited:

Sun Devil

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
current: 2016 Audi A7 . Past: 996TT,997cab, 997TT, R8 V10, 13 FR-S
Autoguide is also saying Frankfurt for the production Z4.

Fresh photos of the upcoming 2019 Toyota Supra are giving us a new look at the car’s interior, and the BMW influence is clear.

Looking through the window, a BMW shifter for an automatic transmission is clearly seen, along with the same knob used on BMW’s iDrive infotainment system. Even the steering wheel appears to be from the new Z4, although a Toyota badge is clearly visible underneath some tape.

For those not in the know, BMW and Toyota paired up to develop this sports car, with BMW getting a new Z4 out of the deal and Toyota walking away with a new Supra. Toyota’s offering will be a coupe, while the BMW will be convertible only.

What will power the new Supra is still the car’s most important secret, and there are plenty of rumors. A turbocharged inline six-cylinder is one possible for the powerplant, while some type of hybrid setup has also been talked about.

In the BMW, a six-speed manual gearbox has been spied, but it was paired with a small 2.0-liter turbocharged four-cylinder engine, which isn’t expected to be available in the Supra. So the availability of a manual in Toyota’s sports car is up in the air.

Nothing seems to have changed when it comes to the exterior design, which is heavily influenced by the Toyota FT-1 Concept.

The all-new BMW Z4 is expected to debut at the Frankfurt Motor Show in production form, while a concept version of the car will arrive in August.

Arrival for the new Supra is unknown but is expected to debut sometime in 2018 as a 2019 model.
http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2017/06/toyota-supra-leaves-its-bmw-showing-in-new-spy-shots.html

2JZ-No-Sh*t

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
My feet
TBH I could care less about the Z4. It will probably look uninspiring like the rest of the BMW lineup. The only thing Im looking forward to is its dimensions. It could give us a clue on how big or small the Supra will be.

Supraman

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
^ well even then the dimensions may not really be a match. This is suppose to be a scalable platform allowing the Supra to be a tad bit longer and or wider...maybe?!?

I think what we will get out of the Z4 is knowing what the platform is made up of and possibly the weight to expect what Toyota's new car will come in at.
Sponsored