decodeddiesel

decodeddiesel

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2016 VW Tiguan, 2007 Cayman
Hawk DTC and some have mentioned Endless (I don’t know much about those personally). Paragon can get you by and ofc the pricey CSGs.

Fluid, you know DOT4 will suffice. Castro SRF has a nice wet boiling point. So less to worry about as the season goes on while just bleeding out the dirty fluid.
What DTC combo are you running?

I've been running SRF for all of my HPDEs this year and I've been very happy with it. I actually did a completely unnecessary brake fluid flush about a month ago and it still looked new.
Sponsored

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
What DTC combo are you running?

I've been running SRF for all of my HPDEs this year and I've been very happy with it. I actually did a completely unnecessary brake fluid flush about a month ago and it still looked new.
I’m running DTC 60/30s

The R16 looks like it may not work well on the street. I really don't want to swap pads at the track.
I’ve yet to have a track pad I didn’t like on the street. Other than some squeal more than others. It’s just not worth swapping, for me. I used to do that… uggggggghhhhhh

I was recommended the GLOC R16 as an option. Seems in stock.
That’s great dude!!!!! I think of them like tires. I have ones I prefer. But if another is in stock, they got me to the track. I just happen to prefer the Hawks for price, how long they last, rotor wear. Let us know how you liked em. People swear by that brand!

garudathree

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
991gt3rs
also, for the external gps, use 3m dual lock to attach to your dashboard, as forward as you can, on the pass side. i run a usb cable to the cig lighter so it turns on with the car.
race Chrono vs catalyst

IMG_2356.png

IMG_2357.png

OP
OP
decodeddiesel

decodeddiesel

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
also, for the external gps, use 3m dual lock to attach to your dashboard, as forward as you can, on the pass side. i run a usb cable to the cig lighter so it turns on with the car.
race Chrono vs catalyst

IMG_2356.png

IMG_2357.png
Peter,

Are you able to do data logging through the app? I tried my OBDLink CX, but it's just not pairing reliably and I'm not getting any data. I know the OBDLink MX+ is really popular on the Race Chrono forum, but I don't want to spend money on something that doesn't work.

garudathree

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
991gt3rs
Peter,

Are you able to do data logging through the app? I tried my OBDLink CX, but it's just not pairing reliably and I'm not getting any data. I know the OBDLink MX+ is really popular on the Race Chrono forum, but I don't want to spend money on something that doesn't work.
Both MX+ and veepeak ble+ works for racechrono. if you come to lrp on any of the 3 events for week of 9/11 we can debug together.

if you can return the cx, i'd recommend it, since mx+ gives me 30hz total to split across however many pids i want ( i choose 10 for speed, 10 for throttle, 5 for iat, 5 for oil)

OP
OP
decodeddiesel

decodeddiesel

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Both MX+ and veepeak ble+ works for racechrono. if you come to lrp on any of the 3 events for week of 9/11 we can debug together.

if you can return the cx, i'd recommend it, since mx+ gives me 30hz total to split across however many pids i want ( i choose 10 for speed, 10 for throttle, 5 for iat, 5 for oil)
I'll be there on the 11th. I'll go ahead and order the MX+ since it works for you and the RaceChrono community.

Unfortunately I bought the CX about a week after I bought the car in 2021 so I can't return it. Not a big deal!

Are you using a GoPro too? I'm seriously debating adding one of those as well.

garudathree

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
991gt3rs
I'll be there on the 11th. I'll go ahead and order the MX+ since it works for you and the RaceChrono community.

Unfortunately I bought the CX about a week after I bought the car in 2021 so I can't return it. Not a big deal!

Are you using a GoPro too? I'm seriously debating adding one of those as well.
i just use the phone camera, seems to work great

i can bring the veepeak as well for you to try, if it works it's yours. will sign up for 9/11 if forecast shows as clear

OP
OP
decodeddiesel

decodeddiesel

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
i just use the phone camera, seems to work great

i can bring the veepeak as well for you to try, if it works it's yours. will sign up for 9/11 if forecast shows as clear
Don't worry about the VeePeak, I got the MX+.

I hear you on the weather. Keeping my fingers crossed after the 100 mph slip and slide on Watkins Glen.

OP
OP
decodeddiesel

decodeddiesel

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
PXL_20230901_202956619.jpg

Well...At least they're pretty. Looks like I'm doing a brake job tomorrow.

I'm going to keep the old rotors and reuse them with my next set of PMUs. They still look serviceable. I'll take some measurements with a micrometer this weekend to confirm. This will give me a much better idea of pad wear vs. rotor wear.

1693600299284439335785506794084.jpg

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
PXL_20230901_202956619.jpg

Well...At least they're pretty. Looks like I'm doing a brake job tomorrow.

I'm going to keep the old rotors and reuse them with my next set of PMUs. They still look serviceable. I'll take some measurements with a micrometer this weekend to confirm. This will give me a much better idea of pad wear vs. rotor wear.
They should be diamond encrusted. Lol

old rotors look fine