• Total voters

Kolme

First Name
Kolme
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
Feels cliche, but I still respect the 2jz. If I had a choice of any 90's JDM cars though, I'd go NSX over MKIV. I remember being a kid seeing them around town saying to myself, "One day if I'm ever able to or rich, I want to wont to own an NSX".
Oh NSX for sure. I’m also thinking about a 300zx z32 TT (black) as a future weekendr. The old C4 ZR1 corvettes also keep popping into my bring a trailer searches - if I needed a non-JDM classic lol
Sponsored

kaj

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
Didn't wanna hijack the thread but you live in Fresno so wanted to say yo!!
Whusaaaaap? Yeah. Moved around a bunch but turns out I really like it here. 👍🏻🤘🏼

Oh NSX for sure. I’m also thinking about a 300zx z32 TT (black) as a future weekendr. The old C4 ZR1 corvettes also keep popping into my bring a trailer searches - if I needed a non-JDM classic lol
The ZR1 would be great and a fun car to have. I local guy does autocross in one. It sounds sick.
Prices are going up. But now.

decodeddiesel

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2016 VW Tiguan, 2007 Cayman
Feels cliche, but I still respect the 2jz. If I had a choice of any 90's JDM cars though, I'd go NSX over MKIV. I remember being a kid seeing them around town saying to myself, "One day if I'm ever able to or rich, I want to own an NSX".
My barber just imported this...

PXL_20230822_161144165.jpg

He does track days in the ITR and CTR, all legit RHD JDM cars he imported from Japan.

PXL_20230822_161201697.jpg

PXL_20230822_161238694.jpg

PXL_20230822_161146826.jpg

PXL_20230822_161414477.jpg

Schang105

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 GR Supra, 2020 Porsche Macan
Good news is lots of kids actually like the MKV Supra, the (new) legend will continue Long after we are gone. Fun video but the past is the past, gotta focus on the present.

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra

alan7467

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra 3.0 Premium

He does track days in the ITR and CTR, all legit RHD JDM cars he imported from Japan.

That garage makes me feel bad about my life.

Tacoma714

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra A91 CU Later Grey, 2015 Taccoma, 2013 A

PXL_20230822_161201697.jpg

PXL_20230822_161146826.jpg

PXL_20230822_161414477.jpg
Dream come true right there man. Donut should do a 90s legends video. Nsx, mkiv, rx7 and throw in the 300z

Last edited:

NicKnack

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1991 Toyota MR2, 2023 Toyota Supra MT
You were building engines at 15 before you had a driver’s license?

I guess maybe a little uncommon but not entirely. I've been around cars my entire life and spent many summers between ages 11-16 working with my Uncles in their shops doing everything from basic maintenance to engine swaps and rebuilds.

I bought my MR2 when I was 15 and my dad had to drive it home for me, I spent 5 years between ages 19-23 rebuilding and restoring it, and the last 5 years doing tweaks/small repairs and other mods here and there and am just getting it to where I think it's perfect (I'm 28 now).

I'd definitely say I'm a product of that environment, and that movies like FnF and games like Gran Turismo and Need for Speed fueled my love for what are now the 90's JDM "Hero" cars, and I have a healthy respect for them.

If I were rolling in it, I'd probably have a few more in my garage but at some point, saner heads had to prevail for me and with the deal I was offered on the MKV. It just made no sense to spend the same money on an old JDM that would likely need some work, vs a brand new car with a warranty.

Some people might argue the MKV might be a little soulless, but so are a lot of the old JDM cars in stock form. Imo the A90 in modded form, apart from maybe steering feel in some cases, is really no less "Soulless" or playful than the older cars.

I realize not all of this probably pertains to what you said, but I've also had a bit to drink tonight and I'm prone to going on tangents when that happens lool.

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
I guess maybe a little uncommon but not entirely. I've been around cars my entire life and spent many summers between ages 11-16 working with my Uncles in their shops doing everything from basic maintenance to engine swaps and rebuilds.

I bought my MR2 when I was 15 and my dad had to drive it home for me, I spent 5 years between ages 19-23 rebuilding and restoring it, and the last 5 years doing tweaks/small repairs and other mods here and there and am just getting it to where I think it's perfect (I'm 28 now).

I'd definitely say I'm a product of that environment, and that movies like FnF and games like Gran Turismo and Need for Speed fueled my love for what are now the 90's JDM "Hero" cars, and I have a healthy respect for them.

If I were rolling in it, I'd probably have a few more in my garage but at some point, saner heads had to prevail for me and with the deal I was offered on the MKV. It just made no sense to spend the same money on an old JDM that would likely need some work, vs a brand new car with a warranty.

Some people might argue the MKV might be a little soulless, but so are a lot of the old JDM cars in stock form. Imo the A90 in modded form, apart from maybe steering feel in some cases, is really no less "Soulless" or playful than the older cars.

I realize not all of this probably pertains to what you said, but I've also had a bit to drink tonight and I'm prone to going on tangents when that happens lool.
Yea I wasn't being critical, it just kinda surprised me since I'm a old man. I grew up in Southern California during the 80's and 90's and was into cars so my life was kind of what was shown in the first Fast and Furious. I was 26(!) when Fast and Furious 1 came out. My father was a car salesman and worked at an Acura dealer when the Integra type R came out in 1997. I remember sitting in it and rowing the gears making race car sounds.

Growing up in Socal at that time I was surrounded by all the "JDM legends" that people talk about today. A LOT of Hondas. I personally never owned a Honda but all my friends did. I was a Mitsubishi guy. Lots of Eclipses, Talons, Lasers, Galants, etc. Did a lot of street racing. Enough that I am surprised I am alive and don't have a criminal record. I then moved on to Evos and focused on those from 2003 to just recently when I sold my last Evo in early 2022 after I bought the Supra. Kinda blows my mind that my 2005 Mitsubishi Evo is now considered a classic JDM car! Worked at tuner shops off and on for the first half of my life.

So... I am definitely a product of that environment too! This kind of talk always brings back a lot of memories.

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Exactly!. Either your dad brought fun cars or any car but made it fun to work and drive with or you had a knack for it and got into it. ***and had the means to buy one.

Mass produced cars are increasingly becoming more tamed, perfected to be driven without drama with electronic nannies. [exceptions exists].
Engineering, manufacturing, safety standards and overall capabilities have improved and contributed to this. Electric controls for sure these take away from engagement towards fine tuned, more efficient outcomes.
I mean look at NSX, even brakes are brake-by-wire.. Most fun cars, you had to fight with steering wheel, heel toe, left foot brake, mistakes weren't as forgiven, you sweated pounds of water, etc... [not that you can't do these today, but you get what I mean]. Now, you can pretty much drive thru the ring while playing games on your phone 🤣

So, this Donut comparison is just for clicks. CarWow compared all gens of M5, etc. for fun. Of course every newer one is better than the previous gen. It's a fun video that shows how far things have come along. Same with Supra gens and any other brand/model..
For sure the joy you get from an amazing gated manual shifter is not comparable to a flappy pedal.
smooth-shift.gif

Look at that smooth and short shift 🤣🤣🤣

Seahaven

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A91 Supra and 1997 Mazda Miata
Mkiv is ugly AF

-22 year old
I always thought it looked like a jelly bean with a purse strap, that’s why I went with the FD. I love the MKV though.