Everyday Drive Nismo Z vs. Darkhorse vs. Zupra

Schang105

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 GR Supra, 2020 Porsche Macan
Love it - gr8 reminder of what makes the A90 so brilliant.

BMWAF

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
'23 Supra; '08 Civic Type R; '91 VN Commodore.
Another ambivalent "review."

It's like they don't actually want to flat out say what they think because one or more manufacturers will get upset. šŸ˜‚ And I'm getting really sick of the continuous "I'm just so glad we have these cars" bullshit as if it's an excuse for whatever problems a car exhibits.

J29DB03

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Absolute Zero 3.0 Premium
People better be careful or the Supraā€™s gonna start being called the new 911 (hopefully not seriously). Everything is getting compared to/raced against it. Clearly the benchmark at the moment for this class (price) of vehicle.

RenRed2

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 BMW M240i / 23 BMW M2
Another ambivalent "review."

It's like they don't actually want to flat out say what they think because one or more manufacturers will get upset. šŸ˜‚ And I'm getting really sick of the continuous "I'm just so glad we have these cars" bullshit as if it's an excuse for whatever problems a car exhibits.
They are afraid of losing access to new cars to test. Thats all because then they cant monetize in a video telling you it has a steering wheel and seats. Stop watching and the idiocy found in about 90% of You-crap-Tube reviews will disappear and the people who make them can go find a day job.

Not a single review in general is telling you anything you cant see or feel in a decent test.
Forum's and REAL owners are the better reference to glean information. Not this You-shite-Tube mess.

2021Supra

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, 2021 Lexus RC300, 2007 Tundra, 1975 Ch
You know I couldn't agree with you more.

OP
OP
PikkaGTR

PikkaGTR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Zupra
They are afraid of losing access to new cars to test. Thats all because then they cant monetize in a video telling you it has a steering wheel and seats. Stop watching and the idiocy found in about 90% of You-crap-Tube reviews will disappear and the people who make them can go find a day job.

Not a single review in general is telling you anything you cant see or feel in a decent test.
Forum's and REAL owners are the better reference to glean information. Not this You-shite-Tube mess.
You tube reviews should be classified as works of fiction
Entertainment but far from reality

bk5

First Name
BK
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CUL A91-MT
Former long-time Mustang owner here.

There's a reason that Ford is adamant about handing reviewers Dark Horse Mustangs with the handling package (CF wheels and Trofeo tires) - the handling and overall driving experience is crap when equipped with the tires that 99.99% of Mustangs will leave the factory riding on. That's exactly why they threw a fit about Savagegeese swapping out the tires for their "standardized" lap time. They can't cheat if reviewers swap out their cheater tires.

The DH Mustang gets the bragging rights of being the best stopping car out there with an incredible lap time. But when equipped with regular summer tires, the cornering gs drop by 0.10g and the 100-0 braking distance increases by like 30 feet. Who knows how bad the car performs on the all seasons that come on the base model because there's no way Ford would sanction a performance test with a model so equipped.

Mustangs are great all-around commuter cars. And that's fine, it's exactly why the car sells so well. But when Ford only sending the best equipped $75k cars to reviewers, the car enters poser territory. Your base GT is not going to perform like a Dark Horse. Yet, I've ran into a few new Mustang drivers at the track telling me what the car "should" be capable of.

When I test drove the Supra, I hated the steering. I was so used to crappy Mustang steering that my mind couldn't handle good steering, it felt like a video game to me, as if no car could be this precise in the real world.

Schang105

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 GR Supra, 2020 Porsche Macan
Most YouTube content is quite amateur, but I like the content from Everyday Driver - great production values and top notch podcast. They also have a group drive in Spa Francorchamps and Nordschleife w/RSR. Bought a Supra over M2 comp and Cayman S, in part based on their reviews (they were the lone journalists who endorsed the Supra when it came out). They are the OG car reviews.

swrdply400mrelay

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Veloster N, 2024 Stratosphere MT
Honestly, I'm glad the Z exists. It gives competition, and enthusiasts win.

Most Z buyers are not going to be interested in hardcore performance or bragging rights. I think a lot of them are just loyal Z followers or have always admired Z's.

If money and space wasn't an issue, I'd absolutely get a new Z - it's like a restomod, lol

RenRed2

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 BMW M240i / 23 BMW M2
Honestly, I'm glad the Z exists. It gives competition, and enthusiasts win.

Most Z buyers are not going to be interested in hardcore performance or bragging rights. I think a lot of them are just loyal Z followers or have always admired Z's.

If money and space wasn't an issue, I'd absolutely get a new Z - it's like a restomod, lol
Your restomod take is an interesting viewpoint. Certainly not everyone needs an edgy, super aggressive sports machine. The Z has a niche whether it be nostalgia or it has fit in a category slightly less edgy or aggressive for those who appreciate it.

CrushA90

First Name
JAY
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 MK5 supra .... 97 sc300 2JZGTE 1000++ HP
New Z is an over priced Nissan junk. Only kids and old guys that can't drive want this slow car. I have had the chance to race two of them and punished them badly. My car just has bolt ons with JB4 and jesse custom tune on 93 pump gas.

swrdply400mrelay

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Veloster N, 2024 Stratosphere MT
You gotta have them both for some time to fully appreciate how good the Supra is. These cars are in 2 different leagues.
What I do like about the Z is that the ECUarenā€™t locked.

If it has adaptive suspension and exhaust it would have made it a very tough choice for me. Iā€™ve always wanted a restomod 240z but wouldnā€™t be able to afford it.

RenRed2

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 BMW M240i / 23 BMW M2

1/4mile ride

First Name
Shax
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MK4 MT & MK5 AT Supra, Nissan Z 23 MT
What I do like about the Z is that the ECUarenā€™t locked.

If it has adaptive suspension and exhaust it would have made it a very tough choice for me. Iā€™ve always wanted a restomod 240z but wouldnā€™t be able to afford it.
Yeah but thereā€™s no point of having an unlocked ECU when it canā€™t even handle 500hp without throwing all sorts of fits. Itā€™s just not reliable and capable enough to spend ridiculous money into. If and when Nissan fixes their half-baked rollout issues and makes Nismo version an affordable (at least 5k cheaper than Supra) itā€™s a no brainer where Iā€™d put my money in. Zā€™s VR30 engineā€™s been around for some time and its peak is no where near B58ā€™s. Same goes about the Transmission too. These 2 cars just arenā€™t comparable.
Sponsored