How often do you see other MKVs in the wild?

alan7467

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra 3.0 Premium
Saw a Tungsten Supra headed east on C470 yesterday near or in Littleton CO. First time seeing that color driving down the road. Looked great.

If I’m keeping tally so far the only color I haven’t liked on the Supra driving down the road is Absolute Zero. Which of course is the color on the car in transit with my name on it at the moment. Sigh. Making a color choice without easy access to cars to look at is driving me slightly insane.
Might just be my eyes, but the car just looks too bright to me going down the road (in the sun). It obscures the design to the point where I double take to make sure it's a Supra. I don't love it at a stand still in the sun either. Though at certain angles the metallic in the paint does look excellent.

So I’m gonna have to eat some crow here. Looked at an Absolute Zero Supra this morning and this afternoon in the sun and found the color to be pretty stunning. The difference with this viewing is that there weren’t other cars parked around it blocking me from walking around the car from all angles. When the sun hits the paint just right it looks great.

Now I just need to see one in Stratosphere to round out all the color options. At least at the moment I’m feeling better about the car I have in bound.

/ramble exit
IMG_5818.jpeg
Sponsored

Last edited:

BraveDemon

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 Supra; 19 TTRS; 19 Velar P380 HSE; 15 GLA45 AMG
White or Black is a safe choice for the Supra. But really no factory color looks bad on the Supra.

You’ll be fine with your decision @alan7467 - I personally love my Absoulte Zero.

2B1BA1F1-3182-4EA1-B10D-C9848B44454C.jpeg

But on topic - I rarely see any Supras in south Orange County. Maybe a couple a month.

Ran into a tungsten (I think it was tungsten - don’t know all the factory color names) with a heritage wing a couple months ago in a parking lot in RMV.

7BD134D3-8E2A-45DA-83DC-DC2A1488469D.png