JB4/MHD BEF vs Ecutek (Post 6/20 car)

Mason

First Name
Mason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0
I work in IT, cloning an image is day one stuff, my follow up question is why are we sending this overseas? Are they cracking an encryption hash to do this? Im asking for recreation purposes.
Russians are the only people that have been able to unlock it. No other typical ecu hacker here has been able to yet
Sponsored

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
I work in IT, cloning an image is day one stuff, my follow up question is why are we sending this overseas? Are they cracking an encryption hash to do this? Im asking for recreation purposes.
So, sorta. The problem comes from reading the encrypted data. The ecu you clone to doesn't even have to go to Russia, only the source ECU. Femto are the only ones that can read the data from the encrypted memory area on the ECU. Once they read it, they can send the file back to who ever is holding the donor ECU.

tl;dr yes.

32bitsofGil

First Name
Gilbert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0
no the only thing I can really see Femto doing is attacking and cloning memory entirely onto an ECU that has known exploits working with ECUTEK and other vendors.

they aren’t breaking into the new encryption, simply going around it.

ViscontiSupport

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
Anyone that has any questions, please message me on FB, Text the cell phone in my signature or email me as I dont check the forums very often. Happy to help anyone or answer any questions!

sams2k

First Name
sam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2003 turbo s2k, 2017 cadillac atsv, 2022 supra 3.0
if i do the clone on my locked ecu
what get back is acctually 2 ecu ?
1 my oem ecu and 1 my clone unlocked unit ?
im asking because i try to understand if there is a way to keep the warrenty ?
like my friend did in his hellcat.

Mason

First Name
Mason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0
Yes
Yes
Probably not

ViscontiSupport

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
Yes, cloning your locked ECU means you get your original and another back.

Yes, your OEM and a cloned ECU.

TECHNICALLY if you put your stock ECU back in, nothing should be known to the dealer. - This is not something id advise doing nor recommend.

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
TECHNICALLY if you put your stock ECU back in, nothing should be known to the dealer. - This is not something id advise doing nor recommend.
I -believe- based on how Femto and BimmerTech explained to me, the mileage can only tick up, and is also stored in the cluster and BCM. This might create some goofy headaches.

ViscontiSupport

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
I -believe- based on how Femto and BimmerTech explained to me, the mileage can only tick up, and is also stored in the cluster and BCM. This might create some goofy headaches.
I can confirm it wont cause issues. But I cant go into detail. :)

Reactions: zrk

suprazg

First Name
zubair
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 supra 3.0 premium
Hi all

i contacted FEMTO & i am sending my ECU to be unlocked. they told me that now they dont need to clone my ECU & they will unlock the orginal one.

my Supra HP aim is 500 - 550 hp not that big i know. i dont want to go super beast mood on it.

my quistion is. MHD OTS with downpipe is enough or i try to get ECUtek custom tune?
so how much is the price now ? and hoe long does that take because i am thinking of doing the same since mine is locked as well

s0_Salty-

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 A90 Supra, 09 STi, 2019 Subaru Ascent
Which tuners support mhd? I just did a bench unlock on my car and the shop I went to only use autotuner and I read up it's not supported by ecutek but it works for mhd and bootmod3. There's no one close here in the Bay Area that does bflash for bench unlock.

I just have the regular bolt ons installed in the car right now catted dp, air intake, and exhaust. Do I need a custom map or just the ots map for now?

a90fresh

Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Car(s)
Toyota Supra A90 3.0 Premium
Is it possible to get close to 500hp with JB4 and bolt-ons e.g. down pipe, intake, etc.? Only looking for max of 500’ish, would be great if I didn’t have to unlock my ECU and get there with a JB4 🤞cc: @Jesse DaBears
Sponsored