OP
APEXRaceParts

APEXRaceParts

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra Sponsor
Do they start shipping after the group buy is over or as soon as soon as your pledge is hit? I had an oopsies with one of my stock rear wheels and took a small chunk of my sidewall. It still holds air fine, just didn't want to want to go and spend money on tires since I already pledged for a set from y'all.
All of these wheels will ship around late June of this year pending wheel arrival. We don't currently have these wheels in stock at the moment but group buy orders ship out a few weeks after the deal closes in most cases unless you're late to the group buy and a color is sold out. We keep the details on the terms tab in GangUp if you're looking for a full breakdown.

-Tom
Sponsored

Qskid2

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0, 2018 Street Triple RS
This is awesome. Congrats to you and the team, Tom, for getting to this point - know it has been a journey.

Any chance you have pictures or renderings of how both offerings (Anthracite and Bronze) would look on a Tungsten Silver? Really stuck between the two and closest I can see is Anthracite on Turbulence Grey.

OP
OP
APEXRaceParts

APEXRaceParts

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra Sponsor
This is awesome. Congrats to you and the team, Tom, for getting to this point - know it has been a journey.

Any chance you have pictures or renderings of how both offerings (Anthracite and Bronze) would look on a Tungsten Silver? Really stuck between the two and closest I can see is Anthracite on Turbulence Grey.
Many of our renderings aren't done in-house so I can't request a full render of these on another car, but I may be able to have our photographer mock up a photoshop of this finish depending on what his schedule looks like. Don't get your hopes up though as his schedule is pretty packed at the moment. Do you have a solid image of your car/ tungsten silver that we could modify? I don't want to run into any media rights issues when reposting. You can DM me or email [email protected] with attn: Tom in the subject if you'd prefer.

-Tom

Last edited:

Qskid2

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Many of our renderings aren't done in-house so I can't request a full render of these on another ccar, but I may be able to have our photographer mock up a photoshop of this finish depending on what his schedule looks like. Don't get your hopes up though as his schedule is pretty packed at the moment. Do you have a solid image of your car/ tungsten silver that we could modify? I don't want to run into any media rights issues when reposting. You can DM me or email [email protected] with attn: Tom in the subject if you'd prefer.

-Tom
Thanks, Tom. Just sent you a DM!

OP
OP
APEXRaceParts

APEXRaceParts

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra Sponsor
Thanks, Tom. Just sent you a DM!
Dylan was able to get a quick photoshop done on some of your images. The lighting wasn't identical between your image and any of the images we had to pull from so this isn't super representative but I hope it helps sway you one way or another. I'm liking Bronze so far. Also please ignore the baby brakes... ?

51127153975_711d30c32f_h.jpg

51126094724_45822ba00a_h.jpg

-Tom

Qskid2

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Oh wow! Thanks, Tom. That was super fast. And this is a pretty dang good rendering considering how busy you/Dylan are! Really appreciate this. And yes....bronze looks to be the winner here. Any further thoughts on including black in the near future? I know you had mentioned due to supply chain challenges that was something you all had to table for now. Wondering how long 'for now' is looking to be.

OP
OP
APEXRaceParts

APEXRaceParts

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra Sponsor
Oh wow! Thanks, Tom. That was super fast. And this is a pretty dang good rendering considering how busy you/Dylan are! Really appreciate this. And yes....bronze looks to be the winner here. Any further thoughts on including black in the near future? I know you had mentioned due to supply chain challenges that was something you all had to table for now. Wondering how long 'for now' is looking to be.
Black is next on the list, but not slated for production yet. The soonest we could have the black SM-10s here would likely be into late Summer or Autumn this year depending on production and shipping although it will depend on how well the initial group buy does as well. If we need to do an immediate rush re-order of the other standard colors, it would be much easier to include Satin Black at that time.

-Tom

Ankaragu

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra premium
The group buy is launching next week, and the wheels will be ready to ship in May if everything goes according to plan.

275/35-18 would technically be more ideal up front in terms of overall rolling diameter with the 295/35-18 out back, but there aren't many track tires available in this size combination so many have ran the Yoko A052 (awesome tire) with the 275/40-18 up front.

More in-depth fitment notes and 18" tire options can be found here: https://support.apexraceparts.com/hc/en-us/articles/1260802325669-GR-Supra-Wheel-Tire-Fitment-Guide

What is your suspension setup?

-Tom

50839786712_32dd27f02b_b.jpg
my car is currently only using Eibach pro lowering springs. i just wanted to make sure that the front tires would be fit under there as it is lowered by 1.7 inches.

OP
OP
APEXRaceParts

APEXRaceParts

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra Sponsor
my car is currently only using Eibach pro lowering springs. i just wanted to make sure that the front tires would be fit under there as it is lowered by 1.7 inches.
Copy that, thanks for the additional information. A big part of determining which wheel fitment you should go for is nailing down what tire compound you want to run, as not all sizes are available in a given compound. How much track experience do you have, and what track compounds have you ran in the past? Most of the tires below can be used to drive to and from the track no problem, but some of the semi-slicks and slicks should be installed at the track.

Another important topic and factor here is alignment specs/negative camber. Not only will negative camber provide you with extra fender clearance for wider wheels and tires, it is vital for improving handling/performance and tire longevity. Without camber dialed in, you will blast the shoulders of your tires and spend a lot of money replacing tires prematurely. In that sense, adjustable camber plates pay for themselves in the form of tire longevity.

Here are some quick notes pulled from our Supra wheel & tire fitment guide for your reference, with only 18" fitments and track oriented compounds listed. For the full guide, click here.

18" Rotatable Square Options

F/R: 18x10" ET30

275/35-18 --> Dunlop Direzza ZIII, Falken RT660, Nankang CR-1, Eagle F1 Supercar 3, BFG Rival S, Nitto NT01, Nankang AR-1, Toyo RA1, Toyo RR, Toyo R888R, BFG R1, Hoosier R7/A7
275/40-18 (tall front) --> Hankook RS-4, Eagle Supercar 3, Nankang CR-1, Yokohama A052, Nitto NT01, Toyo R888R
285/35-18 --> Hankook RS-4

F/R: 18x11" ET40 * Requires coilovers with a slim silhouette*

- 295/30-18 --> Yokohama A052, Michelin PSCup 2 240 Connect, Toyo R888R, Pirelli Trofeo R, Hoosier R7/A7
- 295/35-18 --> Yokohama A052
- 305/660-18 --> Pirelli DH Slicks
- 315/30-18 --> Falken RT660, BFG Rival S, Nankang CR-1, Yokohama A052, Nitto NT01, Nankang AR-1, Toyo R888R, Hoosier R7/A7

18" Staggered Options

F: 18x10" ET30 / R: 18x11" ET40

- 265/35-18 / 285/35-18 --> Hankook RS-4
- 265/35-18 / 295/30-18 (short rear) --> Michelin PSCup 2 240 Connect, Yokohama A052, Nankang AR-1, Toyo R888R
- 265/35-18 / 295/35-18 --> Yokohama A052
- 275/40-18 / 295/35-18 (tall front) --> Yokohama A052
- 275/35-18 / 305/35-18 --> Nitto NT01, Toyo R888R
- 275/35-18 / 315/30-18 --> Falken RT660, BFG Rival S, Nankang CR-1, Nitto NT01, Nankang AR-1, Toyo R888R, Hoosier R7/A7
- 295/30-18 / 315/30-18 --> Yokohama A052, Toyo R888R, Hoosier R7/A7

- Ryan

Last edited:
OP
OP
APEXRaceParts

APEXRaceParts

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra Sponsor
When will the 19" option be available in black?
We don't yet have a good ETA for the production or the arrival of the Satin Black SM-10s. It depends on how well the initial offerings of Bronze and Anthracite do as we will more than likely be producing the Satin Black when we reorder more wheels. I'm would guess that we will see those black wheels come through later this year as summer ends but that is a very rough estimate. They aren't currently in production.

-Tom

Boblay

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A91 Supra, F82 M4
Really interested in these wheels, just wondering if I’d like them. Any pics of the anthracites on a black car?

OP
OP
APEXRaceParts

APEXRaceParts

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra Sponsor
Really interested in these wheels, just wondering if I’d like them. Any pics of the anthracites on a black car?
Appreciate the interest. We do not have any on-car photos of a Black Supra on Anthracite SM-10s, but we are working on shooting more! Both Bronze and Anthracite look killer on a Black car though.

Here is some inspiration until we have more Supra photos.

50856386783_d658783b79_b.jpg

50347050797_228ace1c80_b.jpg

char

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Supra
Does the OEM+ (18x10 ET30, 275/35/18 square) setup causing any rubbing issues with factory suspension and alignment? Does it make the car much more lean to oversteer?

OP
OP
APEXRaceParts

APEXRaceParts

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra Sponsor
Does the OEM+ (18x10 ET30, 275/35/18 square) setup causing any rubbing issues with factory suspension and alignment? Does it make the car much more lean to oversteer?
Thanks for the question! These wheels will be a direct fit with your factory suspension and shouldn't cause any rubbing issues with the 275/35-18 tire size. The wider front tire that these wheels will let you run will certainly reduce some of the understeer you might see with this chassis. The other side of this coin is increasing the potential of oversteer when at the limits of grip on track. In our opinion, square setups lead to more neutral handling for this chassis on track and having the ability to rotate your wheels and tires between the front and rear axles will save on tire wear significantly over the life of the set.

With that being said, if you'd prefer to maintain the stock handling balance but raise your overall levels of grip, our staggered 18" option will let you run wider front and rear tires overall and is another great fitment. If the car is going to see the track regularly I would still recommend the square 18x10 option.

-Tom
Sponsored