19” front, 20” rear

Jmanlevan

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Supra 3.0 MT, '00 4Runner SR5
I haven’t seen many people run a 19” wheel up front and a 20” wheel in the rear. I know people say 20” all around for all 4 wheels isn’t great because tire sizes are lacking, weight, 30 series sidewall profiles, etc. but is there any reason to avoid the staggered look with a larger wheel just in the rear? I’ve loved this look on other sports cars and wondering why it’s not a popular option for our cars?
Sponsored

GoldenEye

First Name
Golden
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra
19" front and 20" rear is kinda tricky. You have to have the exact same sidewall on both front and rear OR a larger sidewall in the rear. If you get the same OD front and rear it's going to be super goofy looking bcuz of the smaller sidewall in the rear. My opinion, don't...

Kujiwara

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 Supra AT Stratosphere, GLI32, SVT Cobra
^this, if trying to keep OD's the same front and rear. I wonder how the ESP will react to different OD's on front and rear? Maybe the drag racers can chime it?

Why are manufacturers doing comes to two main things
1. Do I need more rubber (in the form of OD) for tire heat management, ride comfort, tire size choice or maybe a very specific tire for sidewall stiffness which impacts wheel rate (normal english: overall spring rate)? Aero loading?
2. Can the front wheel/tire be smaller OD than the rear? This can save unsprung weight significantly. Porsche 911's I think does it for at least this reason but can also pull off the looks cuz of the massive rear end. Also front tire heat management (might run too cool if too much rubber).

I think would be very cool to see how it looks, if the ESP can accommodate it

Supra_UK_

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ex-Owner '23 GR Supra 6MT
I'd love to see how this looks, can't find any pics on google of the offset.

Nugs

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 G81 M3 Touring, 2019 Supra GTS
I've seen one with the OEM G80 M3 wheels.
Looks surprisingly good.
Sponsored