2.0 B48 Muffler Delete

suprasaiyan

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 2.0 2002 Lexus Is300
Has anyone gotten a muffler delete on a bone stock 2.0 Supra? Tried looking for videos of it and cant find it anywhere, surely someone must have one by now. If so id like to know how it is and any videos of the sound, and if you still keep the active exhaust switching between modes if you chop the muffler off.
Sponsored

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
you still keep the active exhaust switching between modes if you chop the muffler off.
I can answer this part: No. The valve flows exhaust gasses through the muffler, which would not be there if you delete it.

UnsatMKV

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0
I can answer this part: No. The valve flows exhaust gasses through the muffler, which would not be there if you delete it.
I cut mine off and still have my valve. They welded it in the new piping and it still works after quite a few function tests.

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
I cut mine off and still have my valve. They welded it in the new piping and it still works after quite a few function tests.
Ok sure, but the point of the value is to divert all the gasses through the muffler, muffling the exhaust sound.

Islindur

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Had:Yellow 2l Have: Red 3l
Remember the muffler on this car is actually a part of under-aero, you are basically leaving an empty space that changes air flow ;)

R_R8TED

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.pixelatedgamer.com
Car(s)
2021 Supra MKV 3.0, 2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
How about a resonator delete? I've done that on many cars in the past, kept the mufflers and it often is a nice improvement over stock versus a muffler delete. I'd like to hear how that sounds too, before dropping 3-4k on an aftermarket exhaust.

OP
OP
suprasaiyan

suprasaiyan

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Got a muffler delete not too long ago for my 2.0. Still love it to this day, absolutely ZERO drone, louder burbles, louder shifts in sport. Highly reccomend to any 2.0 owner as it has no drone but in sport it sounds alot better and bassier

Rocksandblues

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, e46 M3, diesel BMW e90, GL450
Remember the muffler on this car is actually a part of under-aero, you are basically leaving an empty space that changes air flow ;)
I don’t think a 2.0 muffler Delete guy knows why it matters or cares

OP
OP
suprasaiyan

suprasaiyan

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I don’t think a 2.0 muffler Delete guy knows why it matters or cares
Already have a full carbon fiber aero kit so either way my aero would be messed up. Small price to pay for the smiles and fun it brings

kirby_mk5

First Name
Kirby
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 2.0
Got a muffler delete not too long ago for my 2.0. Still love it to this day, absolutely ZERO drone, louder burbles, louder shifts in sport. Highly reccomend to any 2.0 owner as it has no drone but in sport it sounds alot better and bassier
Any sound clips of the muffler delete? Planning on doing one as well, not too many videos out there. Also any issues since doing the muffler delete? Warning lights etc?
Sponsored